Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Vox is stuck at the Loading ... screen

Given the 40% download problem I decided to sideload the Vox update by using the USB cable.

Now the Vox is stuck at the main screen staing Loading ... The screen that usually only appears briefly when booting.

Now when I tap Library at the bottom I get a screen which very briefly flashes some kind of message. The application Kobo (process.com.kobobooks.pegasus.android) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.)

Then it's also stating Application Launcher in process com.android.launcher) is not responding. Force close.

Looks like the Vox is very FRIGGED now.

Probably have to do a factory reset. Fortunately I don't have a lot loaded on there. Hmm, all my Angry Bird levels will be lost.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
I wonder if kobo posted an incomplete update file? That might explain all the problems people are having.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But some people are just fine. Uh oh. The files inside that Zip file are dated 2011-08-23. Which doesn't make any sense at all.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:43 AM   #4
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Is there a file called update that has a later date? I noted almost the same thing as TonyToews, with the one easily overlooked difference.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:28 AM   #5
TonyToews
Evangelist

That update.zip file has been changed since I downloaded it. The latest file is about half the size and works. I'm now back in the land of the reading. Well, on the Vox. The Touch still worked and I'm sure the backup WiFi is still ok. I check the WiFi every month or so just to ensure the battery isn't down too much.
Advert