Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-30-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
K3 lighted cover discounted.... new Kindle probably around the corner now

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Lighted...dp/B003DZ165W/

So the lighted cover are now $49.99 intead of $59.99. I guess Amazon is making room for new covers... and obviously new Kindles too.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Hopefully they will diversify into both keyboard and touchscreen only offerings.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I wouldn't mind seeing a K4 announcement soon, like yesterday soon, so I can figure out whether to wait or jump at the K3G refurbs. Cause, my mom has fully bonded with the K2 and that puppy ain't coming back.

But the contrarian in me says a $10 price drop is just a way overdue adjustment: with K3s as low as $99, $60 covers might be a bit of a stretch.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:07 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
But the contrarian in me says a $10 price drop is just a way overdue adjustment: with K3s as low as $99, $60 covers might be a bit of a stretch.
I agree. I won't pay over $30 for any cover.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:55 AM   #5
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
it's already a lighted cover, and when i compared it to other cover + light combined purchases, the total was the same, so i went for the amazon one
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
It's pretty handy. I've had mine since the K3 came out. I don't use the light often, but it's so convenient to have in low light conditions, expecially away from home.

It is a battery hog, though.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:45 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I use a separate light. I stacked two KSO offers for a $15 discount on a $25 Belkin light. I like this light because it uses very common and cheap AAA batteries.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:53 PM   #8
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
i have a $10 cover and a $2 big lots book light clipped to it. works perfectly.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:35 PM   #9
cfo
Connoisseur
cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO, iPhone4
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
So the lighted cover are now $49.99 intead of $59.99. I guess Amazon is making room for new covers... and obviously new Kindles too.
I bet it's more like "hey, we have all these covers that aren't selling" so they put a price drop, hoping to entice those undecided about the case. Not that I'm saying a new Kindle will not be coming out, but I think it's more likely that Amazon is just trying to move their unsold stock. Plus, price fluctuations are pretty common on Amazon.

But, this is still a good heads up for anyone looking for a discount on this case.
cfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:54 PM   #10
piper28
Zealot
piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Eh, even at $50 those cases are grossly overpriced IMHO. I'd say $30 might be fair, but more than that seems excessive to me. Thankfully, I got mine when they were blowing out the returned but good ones at $15. That's a far more reasonable price .
piper28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #11
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Compared to many other covers, I think at 50 $ they are ok, considering the light is perfectly incorporated and works with the Kindle Battery.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote