Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 05-20-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
htitan
htitan began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Libre and ADE on iMac

I installed Adobe Digital Editions on my iMac and downloaded a couple of books from my local library.

When I plugged my Libre in with ADE running, I got 2 disk icons on the desktop, but no popup to authorize the device.

I restarted the computer, plugged in the Libre, waited for the disk icons to appear, then started ADE. In my bookshelf list the entry for the Libre showed up. Still no popup for authorization.

When I tried to copy the library books to it, it refused, saying I did not have permission to copy the books.

How do I force it to authorize my reader?
htitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
htitan
htitan began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Well, today I plugged it in, started ADE, and it just worked. I was able to copy books to it and see the contents.

Go figure
htitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
This is one of the reasons why I sometimes look in awe at this kind of thing. Speaking as a programmer, I have seen many times where a program would not work even if my life depended on it but if I let it sit over night and click on it the next morning then it would work perfectly.

Sometimes the code I write would have some kind of bug that I can't find. No matter how many hours I put into staring at the code and swear, the program would not work. But let it sit over night and try to run it the next morning, voila it works!

Probably why I want to switch career.
jblitereader is offline   Reply With Quote