Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #26971
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no where to go
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!!

Oh, it doesn't show signs of stopping
And I've bought some corn for popping
The lights are turned way down low
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY8NNBVmoaM )

... somewhere else...

Good morning, everyone! Yes, I checked my calendar and it's safe to say "Happy Wednesday!" "I've got no deeds to do, no promises to keep. I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep. Let the morning time drop all it's petals on me. Life, I love you, All is groovy." There is big mug of my newest "English Breakfast" tea from Vieng Joom On in my mug, I can see the Food Lady downstairs serving, and my day is gonna be a good one. I hope yours will be too!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #26972
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Why does three inches shut down an entire region? Ridiculous
Because, they're totally unprepared for ANY snow. Even though it happens most years, everyone acts surprised every time.

Sigh.

A Lagavulin tonight. I have no migraine, and I need the peat!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #26973
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I'll join you in a Lagavulin - incredible peaty goodness!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #26974
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Well, up here there are still a few patches of ice from Sunday's storm under the snow! Plus, early season snow tends to be the wet, heavy kind.

Sure enough, the driveway didn't shovel itself! I got half of it done, and I can get the rest tomorrow.

And, the last few drops of a rare fifth tea are in my mug.

(Shoveling the driveway was not nearly as exhausting as dealing with Newegg's "Customer Service!" -- accurate only if they mean "service" in the agricultural sense of the term. )
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #26975
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
The driveway melted on its own by 4 PM here. The sidewalk was clear by 2 PM.

It was a good day with the little man but it means working over the weekend to make up the time.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #26976
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
It was almost warm today at 48F; unfortunately that was only for a very short time and it is making it's way back to the mid 20'sF.

I picked one of the oranges today and it was juicy and sweet, hopefully, they will still be OK for a while longer.

Homemade soup in my cup and thinking of refilling it.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:34 AM   #26977
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Send those oranges up here, dreams. I could use some good ones. About to order a new case, and I'm really hoping they're better. Most years I can get away with only the one really, really bad case. Other years, it takes two.

An eclectic repast this evening -- Vindaloo, made with leftover turkey, and a glass of Lagavulin. What we call around here "Peat and Heat".
Old 12-11-2013, 01:12 AM   #26978
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nothing in my cup right now. I've got a routine physical with a blood test in the morning, so nothing to eat or drink (except water) after midnight.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #26979
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Finishing up my morning fresh squeezed orange juice, and a pot of Holiday Breakfast Blend on the steep.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #26980
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Well, it depends on the region and whether it is the first snow or the 10th. In my area, most crashes during a snow these days are caused by arrogant drivers with 4 wheel drive.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #26981
cromag

Finishing off the first tea of the day.

The temperature has been below freezing since yesterday's snow so the part of the driveway I cleared yesterday has been covered again by blowing snow. I'll be going out to shovel again ... soon.

But, right now I think I'll fix a second mug.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #26982
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Pear cider in my bottle.

Yummy avatar KK.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #26983
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Anything alcoholic .... lots of anything alcoholic [see Vent & Rant thread if you want to know why] .... anything remotely alcoholic ....
Old 12-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #26984
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Pooh -- I recommend a large Talisker. Or two.

In fact, I think I'll join you - I have a new bottle here I intend to open tonight. After all, we actually got a cheque today. Of course, we've had to email them once a week for 3 weeks to get them to actually release it, but not to worry. Their accounts payable moron got her pay cheque every week, on time.

(it seems an inviolable rule of company staffing that accounts receivable staff are smart and hard-headed, while accounts payable are sweet and polite and ineffectual.) And NO ONE who gets paid a regular paycheque ever cares or understands about people who are dependent on someone actually paying their invoices on time. But this really belongs in Vent&Rant, so I'll settle for having some Talisker.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #26985
poohbear_nc
Now what?

I'll join you in a Talisker ... or 2 ... fortunately it tastes like it should tonight ... so I'm relaxing with a heating pad on my back sipping slowly ...

And yes, out AR person is incredibly intelligent & efficient, our AP person is a dolt!

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?