Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-24-2012, 02:18 AM   #1
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Calibre and series.

So I see a cryptic comment about Calibre supporting series and to click on the configuration item. I finally realize that the Calibre author meant to attach the Kobo to the system and then look at the Kobo device configuration.

Then he talks about updating the series by disconnection and reconnecting. Which I've done but no series update. So I'm missing something obvious.

And now I can't find the thread which had a link to the authors original update and I have no idea how to find it.

Any ideas?
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:33 AM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
So I see a cryptic comment about Calibre supporting series and to click on the configuration item. I finally realize that the Calibre author meant to attach the Kobo to the system and then look at the Kobo device configuration.

Then he talks about updating the series by disconnection and reconnecting. Which I've done but no series update. So I'm missing something obvious.
I think you need to be running firmware 2.3.1 (or is it 2.2.1) for the series information to actually be used by the device. In 2.3.1 the series information is used to group books in the same series together when listing books in the library, and the series name is also displayed under the title in the listing.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2012, 02:41 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Calibre and Kobo series

You might want to check this thread though you've likely already read it:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=192863.

Hmmm... just noticed you are now listed as the last poster in that thread.

Last edited by DNSB; 12-24-2012 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Updating comment
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:04 AM   #4
Erkhyan
Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kobo Touch
In my experience, firmware 2.2.0 supported displaying series info too.
Erkhyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember there are TWO ways to see the device preferences;
  • when the device is attached, it's an option on the Device icon
  • at ALL times, one can go to Preferences | Change Calibre Behavior (Ctrl P) | Advanced | Plugins and then expand the Device Interface Plugins section and look for KoboTouch (2.04); highlight it and then select Customize Plugin

However you get there, ensure that you select the "Set Series Information" option.

What is somewhat bizarre is that you need to transfer books to the Kobo, disconnect it and allow Kobo to process the books, and then re-attach the Kobo to allow the series info to be updated.

Also, you need to have Metadata Management in Preferences | Import/Export | Sending Books to devices set to Automatic!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert