Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you print and post a Read an E-Book Week poster?
Sure, I'll do 1 or 2 25 42.37%
Nope, sorry 32 54.24%
Heck, I'll wallpaper the town! Kinko's beware! 2 3.39%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2011, 08:18 AM   #16
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Every time you're asked about your ebook-reader, it's your job to patiently and enthusiastically explain it.
That's right. To quote John Adams in "1776": "It's your duty, dammit!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
Apart from me, my friends whom I've bored witless about them and my ereader, plus some of the library staff (no elibrary as yet), I'm not sure if anyone in the town would know what an ebook is, so I'd need a "what is an ebook poster", rather than a "read an ebook" one.
Actually, not a bad thought for poster content... I'll see what I can do!

Edit: 15 - 10(2) against?!? What lazy fanbois!

Tell ya what: I'll make sure the poster is emailable! Send it to whomever you want... digitally! How does that sound?

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 02-18-2011 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Lazy fanbois! Attention must be paid!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:59 AM   #17
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
This will be the eighth year BeWrite Books has supported 'Read an Ebook Week' (RAEBW) -- but this time with more reason, more enthusiasm and more ebook giveaways for everyone than ever before.

Check it out at our blog: http://www.bewritebooks.blogspot.com.

We support Calibre, MobileRead and the DRM-Free campaign as well as RAEBW itself. So above and beyond the offers you can read about there, we have a special bonus for our MR pals.

Just include the words 'Mobile Read Member' in your email to the special new RAEBW@bewrite.net address (not hyperlinked here, so please just copy and paste into your email address bar -- live from March 5 to March 13 to take into account international time zones) and choose any two books from our catalogue in the format of your choice (please don't forget to specify format) and we'll send them free of charge by return. There's no need for you to comply with the 'conditions' for other freebie claimants.

Happy RAEBW, folks. Very best wishes. Neil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RAEBW_logo.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	274.3 KB
ID:	67048  

Last edited by neilmarr; 02-21-2011 at 07:12 AM. Reason: to add our new RAEBW logo
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2011, 07:18 AM   #18
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
Tell ya what: I'll make sure the poster is emailable! Send it to whomever you want... digitally! How does that sound?
Good . Says one of the 13 ...
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:02 AM   #19
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
This will be the eighth year BeWrite Books has supported 'Read an Ebook Week' (RAEBW) -- but this time with more reason, more enthusiasm and more ebook giveaways for everyone than ever before.

We support Calibre, MobileRead and the DRM-Free campaign as well as RAEBW itself. So above and beyond the offers you can read about there, we have a special bonus for our MR pals.

Happy RAEBW, folks. Very best wishes. Neil
Wow that's very generous Neil, thanks very much!
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #20
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're more than welcome, Amward. Actually, as you get to know MobileRead a little better, you'll find that we often offer freebies when they're specific to certain threads. It's our way of paying back a little for all the advice, friendship and support we've always had here ... but quietly, without tootling horns too loudly, tediously announcing each new release (two or three a month) or plastering our logos and covers all over the place. We've made a lot of good pals here and my partner Tony and I are just happy to be regular, contruibuting members of the community. Cheers for now. Neil
Advert
Old 02-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #21
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybuns View Post
I wouldn't print a poster, but I would "like" the event on Facebook and (if I actually remembered) probably post a status update with the e-book that I'm reading.
This. I don't have anywhere to hang posters (and no way to print them unless I make a trip across town to Kinkos). But Facebook is a great way to notify my friends and give clickable links to websites of places supporting REBW.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #22
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
REBW doesn't have a Facebook page, but I plan to add something to my FB page about REBW (and the promotion I'll be doing from my site).
Just found your page. Can you make it a public access group? Or perhaps a page instead of a group? It's telling me I need to "ask to join group".
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:27 PM   #23
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I voted no to printing / posting a paper thing ... but I fully support read an e-book and will "lead by example" to influence friends, etc.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #24
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
Just found your page. Can you make it a public access group? Or perhaps a page instead of a group? It's telling me I need to "ask to join group".
Yes... I hadn't been able to finalize the page, because info I'm waiting on hasn't surfaced. But I'll see about changing the page status.

Edit: Here's Rita's Facebook REBW Page.

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 02-22-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #25
neilmarr
neilmarr

By the way, if you visit the bookstore at http://www.bewrite.net or blog at http://www.bewritebooks.blogspot.com now, you'll find permanent live links to RAEBW, Calibre and Mobile Read. Best wishes. Neil
Old 02-25-2011, 08:33 AM   #26
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Here's the flyer!

I've uploaded the promotional flyer to my website. It is free to download and re-mail or print and post.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #27
moriakaice
Memento Mori
moriakaice began at the beginning.

Device: eClicto, iPad WiFi, Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Edit: Here's Rita's Facebook REBW Page.
The link is wrong. The correct one should read: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Read-a...93882590629749

We have (if someone's interested) Polish REBW Facebook page + event.

We've also came up with an idea - during the REBWeek, take a photo of eReader (person, not the device!) reading an eBook (on whatever screen - be it PC, PDA, mobile phone, tablet or dedicated reader) and upload it to Flickr with eBookWeek tag
moriakaice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #28
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriakaice View Post
The link is wrong. The correct one should read: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Read-a...93882590629749
Thanks!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:16 PM   #29
neilmarr
neilmarr

Nice one Steven. Bestests. Neil
Old 03-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
In the news section is an article saying that Reader prices are coming down. What this article fails to mention is that overall, the prices of eBooks is sharply on the rise. It should explain the agency model, Apple's involvement in the agency fiasco, who are the agency 6, and how this all affects the consumer and the shops selling eBooks. This unfortunately is what we have to put up with because the DOJ is too lazy to get up off their ass and fix this price fixing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebooks, promotion, read an e-book week, rita toews