Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
primetime34
Zealot
primetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3, Nook 3G
Books that I convert

Here is a book that I'm trying to convert to use on my nook. I am attaching one copy that I converted using calibre and does NOT open on my nook. The other is a copy that I converted using Stanza and it DOES open on my Nook. What is the difference between the two of them that would cause one to open and the other to not open? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer to convert using Calibre because I've got a ton to convert and really want to use the batch convert feature in Calibre.
The book marked "not working" doesn't work on the Nook and the one marked "working" does. I assume that's self-explanatory but just in case.
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: epub Mortal Messiah v1 - Bruce R. McConkie-not working.epub
File Type: epub Mortal Messiah v1 - McConkie-working.epub
primetime34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I'm afraid that the attachments are for books still in copyright, so I've had to unapprove them.

Perhaps you might replicate the error on a public domain text, if necessary.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What format are you converting from?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:36 AM   #4
primetime34
Zealot
primetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheese

It'll be hard to do with any public domain text...I'll go through what I have though.

They were converted from a pdb file that opens in mobireader. Can I email you the books? Thanks.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:07 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just open a ticket on the calibre website and attach the pdb file there.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2010, 01:51 AM   #6
primetime34
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Just open a ticket on the calibre website and attach the pdb file there.
Sorry, it was prc not pdb and I have done that. The ticket awaits you.