Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
p3aul
Captain Courageous
p3aul doesn't litterp3aul doesn't litter

Device: calibre, PRS 505
Talking managing ebook files without a manager or "Library"

I want to this manually. set up a sdcard like so: One folder for each author. A subfolder for each book by each author. Simple. I know there is a database either in the readers internal memory or on the card. Will this get updated after I reinsert the card into the reader? I have a Sony 505.
Thanks,
Paul
p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
if ur going to use folders to manage ur books, u should also get the custom firmwares that allow you to access books via path listings, since you won't have tags needed for listing by collections to work
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2010, 05:38 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3aul View Post
I want to this manually. set up a sdcard like so: One folder for each author. A subfolder for each book by each author. Simple. I know there is a database either in the readers internal memory or on the card. Will this get updated after I reinsert the card into the reader? I have a Sony 505.
Thanks,
Paul
Install PRSplus and what you want to do will be easy.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:08 AM   #4
carpii
Enthusiast
carpii began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad or Sony
This is something I read about tonight too, using PRSPlus to browse a SD Card

Apparently if you browse by path, PRSPlus will only give you the option to copy an ebook from SD card to internal memory, and you have to open it from there.
You cant open it directly from SD Card (like you can normally)

Does anyone have any experience of this problem?
carpii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:22 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpii View Post
This is something I read about tonight too, using PRSPlus to browse a SD Card

Apparently if you browse by path, PRSPlus will only give you the option to copy an ebook from SD card to internal memory, and you have to open it from there.
You cant open it directly from SD Card (like you can normally)

Does anyone have any experience of this problem?
It's not a problem it's a feature. The default setting allows books to open from the SD card, but if you disable scan of the card then the options change to copy to and from internal memory. Read the manual or the main MR thread.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
This is the project home page:
http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/
For software documentation and installation go here:
http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/w/list

I would recommend the main thread for prs+ if you want to discuss issues with the software or if you want to support the team. The project pages hold the information in more compressed form while the main thread here grew really big since it got started. So there's really a lot to read.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote