Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 04-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #1
jgt1942
Connoisseur
jgt1942 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Book Title as it appears in Marvin

Where is Marvin obtaining the book title from? In Calibre I renamed a book from A "Darkness More Than Night" to "HB07 A Darkness More Than Night" by editing the metadata and did this for all of the books in the series (a total of 20). I uploaded the books to my DropBox and then via Marvin downloaded the books to my wife's iPad. Now when I view the books in the Marvin library the title appears as "A Darkness More Than Night". I expected to see the title as I have it in Calibre. She wants to read the books in series order.
jgt1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:36 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Marvin gets the metadata from the ebook file, not from calibre's database. calibre does not write metadata to its own master copy of a book until/unless you do a conversion or use the Polish Book feature (shortcut key is "P") for EPUB/AZW3.

You can send the book from calibre with the Marvin XD device plugin, the usual way, since calibre always updates metadata on the copy it sends to devices or saves to disk, or use Polish Book to update the master copy synced to Dropbox.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert