Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-31-2012, 04:50 AM   #1
darose78
darose78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darose78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darose78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darose78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darose78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darose78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darose78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darose78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darose78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darose78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darose78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Disable 'Tweet' page in Kindle conversion

I study various subjects (very mature student!) and like to keep notes on my Kindle.
It is one of my pet hates that every conversion inserts a final page inviting me to share my private notes with the world via 'Twitter', 'Facebook' et al.
Does anybody know if it is possible to obviate this annoyance?
I appreciate that this is a minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things, but if it can be avoided then why not?

TIA

David
darose78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calibre does not insert any text during conversion. If you are seeing something like this then the text must be present in the file prior to doing the conversion.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That page is not a page in the book it is something amazon's mobi viewer display when you get to the end of the book. The only way to disable it that I know of is jailbreak your kindle and install a non amazon book viewer.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:23 AM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
MOBI Output preferences ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darose78 View Post
I study various subjects (very mature student!) and like to keep notes on my Kindle.
It is one of my pet hates that every conversion inserts a final page inviting me to share my private notes with the world via 'Twitter', 'Facebook' et al.
Does anybody know if it is possible to obviate this annoyance?
I appreciate that this is a minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things, but if it can be avoided then why not?

TIA

David
Hi David
Check if you have the following enabled:
Preferences, Output options, MOBI Output, Enable sharing of book...etc.

Just a thought.
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote