Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 11-16-2007, 12:42 PM   #16
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanbe View Post
I wish I felt so positive. I Love my TX and all the available Palm apps. When Garnet can be run on any device no one will need Palm. One more nail in the coffin.

Alan
Please note that I used the words "potentially" and "consider moving back". I don't know that it will happen; I just think that this was a smart move.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #17
Alanbe
Alanbe began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Please note that I used the words "potentially" and "consider moving back". I don't know that it will happen; I just think that this was a smart move.
It is a smart move on Nokia's part. The folks at Palm must be saying "Oh sh*t!"

IMHO Palm showed how disconnected (no pun) they are when they released Centro without WiFi. If they wanted to hold back on features so they could introduce an upgraded Centro later they could have used GPS for the later date upgrade. They are so behind. sigh.
Advert
Old 11-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #18
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanbe View Post
It is a smart move on Nokia's part. The folks at Palm must be saying "Oh sh*t!"

IMHO Palm showed how disconnected (no pun) they are when they released Centro without WiFi. If they wanted to hold back on features so they could introduce an upgraded Centro later they could have used GPS for the later date upgrade. They are so behind. sigh.
No, it was a smart move on the part of Access. Access created this VM. Access developed Garnet (PalmOS 5) for Palm. Access is currently developing a new OS based in Linux which PalmOS lovers like me hope will be backward compatible.

I do agree with your opinion of Palm. They are pathetically behind the tech curve. Palm is basically irrelevant.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:25 PM   #19
Alanbe
Alanbe began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
No, it was a smart move on the part of Access.
Good point. I knew it couldn't be a smart move on Palm's part.

Cheers.

Alan