Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-31-2008, 01:48 PM   #106
cmacnaug
cmacnaug began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Update is here

Looks like sony released new firmware on 7/24/08:

This utility updates the Sony Reader (PRS-505) system software to version 1.1.00.18040 and provides the following benefits:

Support for EPUB file format
Support for Adobe® Digital Editions 1.5 or later and Adobe DRM-protected content
Note: Requires installation of, and authorization with, Adobe Digital Editions 1.5 or later.
Enables text within PDF eBooks to be "reflowed". This will enlarge the text and improve the readability of text-based PDF’s
Support for SDHC memory cards that have a capacity of more than 4 GB
Delete eBooks directly on device
General fixes to improve stability and performance

Download through the Reader Application or from the website
cmacnaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:10 PM   #107
cmacnaug
cmacnaug began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
After upgrading to the new firmware, I no longer experience long delays opening long books (like War and Peace), I also no longer experience delays when changing text size!

The new PDF reflowing funtionality is also pretty awesome, I can now use this to read PDFs.

Unfortunatley, I'm still having issues adding some word docs to the reader. The Reader software converts them ok, and can display them on the PC, but the Reader displays an "Invalid Page!" message when trying to open it.
cmacnaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:28 PM   #108
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
At least this topic is still relevant to PRS-500 users..
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacnaug View Post
Looks like sony released new firmware on 7/24/08:

This utility updates the Sony Reader (PRS-505) system software to version 1.1.00.18040 and provides the following benefits:

Support for EPUB file format
Support for Adobe® Digital Editions 1.5 or later and Adobe DRM-protected content
Note: Requires installation of, and authorization with, Adobe Digital Editions 1.5 or later.
Enables text within PDF eBooks to be "reflowed". This will enlarge the text and improve the readability of text-based PDF’s
Support for SDHC memory cards that have a capacity of more than 4 GB
Delete eBooks directly on device
General fixes to improve stability and performance

Download through the Reader Application or from the website
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote