Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-21-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad

Most of us would certainly agree that ZP has gone too long without a proper avatar. I personally think we should do this properly and provide candidate avatars and then vote on it. Whaddaya think? Post your preferred image of her (hmm, do we really know she's a she?) here.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
That's mean of you vivaldirules, she'll get stuck with something like the MR logo!?!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:40 PM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually it's a great idea that she get one cause I'm tired of seeing that interrogation point in my 'Friends' page. It's also while I picked up my old one up again so as not to impose that bloody question mark on all of you.

BTW TommyCooper you had a cute one where is it?

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 04-21-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:49 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Smile

I'll break the ice.

It's oversized for proper scaling down, and I thought the bright colors go with her personality.

(I originally made it in Powerpoint, so it's got some ease of adjustment built in -- also explains why it's a bit rough 'round the edges)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zelda's Pinwheel.png
Views:	1164
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	12298  
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:54 PM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Cute! Nice going NatCh.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, it just came to me ... which might be an indication that I've seen something like that somewhere ....
Old 04-21-2008, 06:02 PM   #7
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Open it in Photoshop, animate it with Image ready and it'll be drop dead irresitible.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:10 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist

Don't got photoshop. But that does sound really cool!
Old 04-21-2008, 06:11 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
my golly ! all this ado just for an avatar ? i hardly know what to think. (except possibly that y'all have too much free time on your hands and / or that the forums must be quiet tonight... )

in fact i do have one more or less in reserve which i just haven't gotten around to uploading.

that's right, i'm lazy.

or maybe i'm incognito, because i'm a spy. (insert smiley with fedora tapping his nose covertly here).

or maybe i'm an adept of the Quantum Church of Uncertainty (co-founded by Heisenberg and Schrödinger), and that question mark *is* my avatar (but only when you're not looking at it). (what do you mean, "do i have whiskers / is my middle name "strange" / am i simultaneously here and there" ?).

some of you may even have seen my other avatar already...

but now VR went to all this trouble of starting a thread just for my little question mark, and Natch has even gone to MORE trouble and made me an avatar (!!!), and this is looking to be good fun... and far be it from me to cut short any potential abject unquantifiable silliness...

so i think i'll wait a while before i add *any* avatar, and see if anybody else want to play.

incentive : i promise to use every avatar submitted for at least one day (Natch obviously will be first !), and possibly longer, depending on my mood.

and thanks, Natch, for the alert (and the rest)

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 04-21-2008 at 08:11 PM. Reason: *sigh* always typos...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:11 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

crikey, now i know why my ears were burning...
Old 04-21-2008, 06:12 PM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist

There goes my spleen again!
Old 04-21-2008, 06:20 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
There goes my spleen again!
i'm starting to worry about that spleen of yours, you should have it looked at.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #13
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i promise to use every avatar submitted for at least one day (Natch obviously will be first !), and possibly longer, depending on my mood.
Oh, ho! You do not know what you have just committed to, ZP. But we'll hold you to it. This could be phun, indeed! But I assure you that I will, as always, try to remain civil.....for awhile anyway.

The atmosphere here at MR tends a bit towards scifi (and more lately farce, but that'll be the subject of a different avatar). The Trekkies won't be too surprised that the first image I had when I saw the name zelda_pinwheel was of Shahna, played by Angelique Pettyjohn, in the episode on Triskelia, a distant planet with three suns. Note the pinwheel shaped emblem in the background of the first image. There you go, a perfectly suitable candidate for an avatar. Alternatively, the second image could do nicely, too. Mind you, I'm not saying which character applies to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	STGameTrisk.jpg
Views:	1197
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	12299   Click image for larger version

Name:	Triskelion10.jpg
Views:	2033
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	12300  
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:57 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Oh, ho! You do not know what you have just committed to, ZP. But we'll hold you to it. This could be phun, indeed! But I assure you that I will, as always, try to remain civil.....for awhile anyway.
actually, i suspect i *do* know what i have just committed to (which is why i made the minimum one day only ) ; but make no mistake, i am rubbing my hands together with gleeful anticipation.

Quote:
The atmosphere here at MR tends a bit towards scifi (and more lately farce, but that'll be the subject of a different avatar).
hm, you intrigue me...
Quote:
The Trekkies won't be too surprised that the first image I had when I saw the name zelda_pinwheel was of Shahna, played by Angelique Pettyjohn, in the episode on Triskelia, a distant planet with three suns. Note the pinwheel shaped emblem in the background of the first image. There you go, a perfectly suitable candidate for an avatar. Alternatively, the second image could do nicely, too. Mind you, I'm not saying which character applies to you.
well, if you were trying for actual true-to-life *resemblance*, i should mention i have a lot more hair than the guy on the left in the second photo... or at least, mine is in different places. and i don't have much silver lamé in my wardrobe, apart from a pair of sandals. but it's a worthy effort, Vivaldi ! and as promised, i will definitely be sporting the shiny bikini and over-inflated hair for at least one full day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Open it in Photoshop, animate it with Image ready and it'll be drop dead irresitible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Don't got photoshop. But that does sound really cool!
Perhaps this is what you had in mind :
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2008, 08:09 PM   #15
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Well I definitely think NatCh should rule. We can't have someone as delightful as zelda_pinwheel in this Forum without assigning her an arbitrary avatar.

And, while I'm at it, I think we should arbitrarily change Patricia's (of South Wales) user name to 'Ebook Goddess'.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda