Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-20-2009, 10:17 PM   #1
raymondchen625
raymondchen625 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Backup and Restore of Notes

There seems no way to backup and restore my notes of a particular ebook on my Sony PRS-600, especially for those encrypted ones.
Since the response speed becomes very slow when I have marked hundreds of notes in a book, dosn't matter the book is on the main memory or the memory card, I have to delete all notes of a book after I finished it. But when I review the book later, I'd like to have the notes back.
I still cannot figure out a way to do it. I tried backing up the .annot file and overwrite it back later, no luck.
raymondchen625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:49 PM   #2
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
There are a couple different places that the 600 uses to store notes.

Features supported by ADE (bookmarks and highlighting w/notes) should appear in the annotations file. There is a second folder for the ebook that will contain scribbling notes for the ebook.

I'm not entirely sure where the metadata lives that links these two together.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert