Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Pixmania.co.uk selling Cybook

Cybook Gen3 now being sold by Pixmania in the UK - here
Should increase the profile of reader-devices a bit...

Cheers, Pete.
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
french pixmania.com as well, seen on the bookeen blog.

they say it should soon be available in all 26 countries where pixmania sells.

i think this is good news for public awareness of ebooks, and lower prices, and more selection... (tip...tip... tip....)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25352
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2008, 05:55 PM   #3
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
And it’s on the mp3 readers section (AUDIO > MP3 players > Multimedia players)!!!

They really know what they are selling, do they not?

Mind you I have had a great experience buying from Pixmania!
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
worxland
Connoisseur
worxland began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
french pixmania.com as well, seen on the bookeen blog.

they say it should soon be available in all 26 countries where pixmania sells.

i think this is good news for public awareness of ebooks, and lower prices, and more selection... (tip...tip... tip....)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25352

Of course they do NOT sell it in Hungary. F*** em
worxland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:57 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worxland View Post
Of course they do NOT sell it in Hungary. F*** em
in the Bookeen blog post, they said that they would be expanding to sell Cybooks in all countries where pixmania sells ; since they have a hungarian site, i think they will sell in hungary soon as well.
Advert
Old 06-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #6
worxland
Connoisseur
worxland began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
in the Bookeen blog post, they said that they would be expanding to sell Cybooks in all countries where pixmania sells ; since they have a hungarian site, i think they will sell in hungary soon as well.
In the meantime I checked they do not sell it in Spain, Italy and Germany either. So we'll wait.
worxland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:35 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

Bookeen blog entry makes me think it's quite recent, and they are in the process of expanding to the other countries. should come soon though, it's all the same pixmania.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:00 PM   #8
helten
helten is on a distinguished road

Device: None
Pfffft - just found it on the Danish Pixmania site for 2700,- Danish Kroner. That corresponds to 563$ - an additional 200$+ compared to the 350$ on the Booken site. Stuff is just too expensive here
helten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by helten View Post
Pfffft - just found it on the Danish Pixmania site for 2700,- Danish Kroner. That corresponds to 563$ - an additional 200$+ compared to the 350$ on the Booken site. Stuff is just too expensive here
ouch.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:06 PM   #10
jinibiza
jinibiza began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3/iPad/Iphone
I have had a horrendous experience buying a Cybook through Pixmania. I had a broken screen and returned it to Pixmania within 3 days of receipt for a refund. (They promise a refund for any product returned within 15 days for any reason)

After 2 weeks they said they had not received it.
I checked and they had signed for receipt through Special Delivery.
Next day they said they'd lost it.
The day after that, they sent me a form for me to claim to I had not received it!
I responded that this was the wrong form.
Two days later they told me it had been repaired and they had sent it back.
A week later, they told me it would be sent back un-repaired because I had not returned the accessories.
I informed them I certainly HAD returned the accessories.
A week later, I haven't heard anything.
It is now 6 weeks since I paid for the Cybook, and I have nothing.
It is almost impossible to contact them - the only way is to use web forms on specific subjects, (Max 750 charachters - not enough to explain anything complicated) and once you have used that subject for a particular order number, you cannot use that web form again!
They never give you an email address to contact them, despite writing on every email "For all your questions or remarks, please do not hesitate to contact us."
I am now investigating how to take legal action against them, but they are a French company, so it will be expensive. I will do it anyway, because of the principle.
I have dealt with Pixmania many times, and they are generally not bad - good prices, reasonable delivery times etc. BUT, if something goes wrong - God help you!

I have NEVER experienced a company with poorer service than Pixmania. Be warned.
jinibiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:00 PM   #11
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Wow, this is quite terrible. I wish you luck in your proceedings.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:49 AM   #12
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Yes, good luck. Its always bad, when something like this happens, especially to oneself.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:53 AM   #13
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Happened to me with Irex. Iliad disappeared never to be seen by me again. I was as mad as hell but it didn't help.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:08 PM   #14
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
Happened to me with Irex. Iliad disappeared never to be seen by me again. I was as mad as hell but it didn't help.
Hey Martin! I dont know why, but i thought that was settled. It makes me sad, to see that i spent quite a bit of time looking into that and in the end you didnt get your device back. Why didnt you say something to me?
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:35 AM   #15
jinibiza
jinibiza began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3/iPad/Iphone
Pixmania Update

Having heard nothing more for a week or so, I contacted Pixmania by phone. The customer service rep was sympatheic but could make no decisions. (He first told me that the product had already been returned to me, then that it was in their warehouse, and then that I had not returned the accessories. I informed him not only had I done so, but had informed them of this fact 2 weeks previously!) He said he would inform his supervisor. I called another 3 times - same thing. They eventually informed me that they had returned the Cybook to me unrepaired! I refused delivery and wrote a letter to the Manage of Customer service of Pixmania (Copy attached). Sent by recorded delivery, Express mail. After 10 days I have heard NOTHING. Not even an email acknowledgement!

I called their customer service line on Friday - same thing as usual. A sympathetic service rep, but can't do anything until the system tells them the product is back in their warehouse. I pointed our that it had been 12 days since the product was refused delivery and it should have been back with them in 2 days. She agreed, but said it takes 2 weeks minimum to get registered on their system!

So two months on, I have paid £300 for nothing. I have no idea if the product will ever be refunded or returned to me repaired. I have almost given up.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pixmania.pdf (49.4 KB, 321 views)
jinibiza is offline   Reply With Quote