Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-21-2012, 06:48 AM   #1
country0129
Country0129
country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, PC
Calibre Server

I just discovered the server option. I wish to share my books via the Calibre server with a select number of friends and relatives. I am using Windows 7 Professional OS. Can you provide me with a tutorial or instructions as to how someone from another computer on the internet can access my books in my Calibre library? How would I set up my computer to accomplish this?
country0129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by country0129 View Post
I just discovered the server option. I wish to share my books via the Calibre server with a select number of friends and relatives. I am using Windows 7 Professional OS. Can you provide me with a tutorial or instructions as to how someone from another computer on the internet can access my books in my Calibre library? How would I set up my computer to accomplish this?
This would be a Copyright infringement in most cases.
Discussion of infringement techniques on MR is not permitted.

There are many threads on Outside (WAN) access to your books.

All have security risks to your internal network if not done well.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
internet access, server