Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-20-2012, 03:24 AM   #1
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
m92 net performance

Am I the only one who is not satisfied with m92's transfer rates? On my home network (g class) file transfer from desktop PC to Boox by FTP rarely exceeds 500 kB/s (on large files). Is this related to how Boox handles web connections or how slow its filesystem is, or am I missing something? (Except for connections from/to Boox, my wifi is indeed quick, so the issue is not network related)
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
Am I the only one who is not satisfied with m92's transfer rates? On my home network (g class) file transfer from desktop PC to Boox by FTP rarely exceeds 500 kB/s (on large files). Is this related to how Boox handles web connections or how slow its filesystem is, or am I missing something? (Except for connections from/to Boox, my wifi is indeed quick, so the issue is not network related)
When transferring my HD videos over WiFi onto the M92 i often achieve speeds of about 3 mb/s. Streaming works well too, i'm watching my favorite tv series on its beatiful screen...

It's a pity there're only 4 Gigs of internal mem, otherwise i could use it as a backup drive over Wifi.

Last edited by por; 04-20-2012 at 04:40 PM.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:10 AM   #3
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by por View Post
When transferring my HD videos over WiFi onto the M92 i often achieve speeds of about 3 mb/s. Streaming works well too, i'm watching my favorite tv series on its beatiful screen...

It's a pity there're only 4 Gigs of internal mem, otherwise i could use it as a backup drive over Wifi.
Take your trolling elsewhere... Particularly that you've only managed to prove your own idiocy.

I use scanned documents of up to 100 MBytes
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #4
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
Take your trolling elsewhere... Particularly that you've only managed to prove your own idiocy.

I use scanned documents of up to 100 MBytes
Try using an optimization algorithm for scanned PDFs (Adobe acrobat Professional has one). Scanned PDFs of great size don't perform too well on the M92 anyway.
por is offline   Reply With Quote