Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-30-2015, 02:30 AM   #946
chrisridd
Addict
chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks Kovid!
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 05:42 AM   #947
melovesflying
melovesflying began at the beginning.

Forgot to mention this before but is it normal to have two Kobo Utilities icons on Calibre? I can use either of them perfectly but I'm just bothered by the appearance (that's my OC-ness talking). They have been there ever since I installed the plugin last year.
melovesflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:51 AM   #948
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
If they are on the same toolbar, then it is wrong. But, if they are on different toolbars, it is OK.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:49 AM   #949
melovesflying
melovesflying began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If they are on the same toolbar, then it is wrong. But, if they are on different toolbars, it is OK.
One is on the upper toolbar and the other occupies the lower toolbar all by itself. So I take it that it's normal?
melovesflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 12:55 PM   #950
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, PB360, Kobo Glo/AuraHD/Aura6"/AuraH2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by melovesflying View Post
One is on the upper toolbar and the other occupies the lower toolbar all by itself. So I take it that it's normal?
If you don't want it to appear on a menu or toolbar you can just remove it via calibre Preferences - Change calibre behaviour - Toolbar

Then choose a menu/toolbar (i.e. the one from where you want to remove it) from the drop-down menu. You'll see 2 columns of actions:
Left-hand column: all available actions
Right-hand column: actions currently appearing on that menu/toolbar

Highlight the unwanted item in the right column and use the central left arrow to remove it from current actions.
jackie_w is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:07 PM   #951
paxmark1
Enthusiast
paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo
Error message in the start up of calibre via a .deb via debian sid I suppose it might be possibly due to kernel 4.0.x (or something else). I have noticed that the Debian maintainers are keeping fairly current with calibre and this is my first error message since using their version for a few months.

Code:
calibre, version 2.24.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'storeOnConnect'

calibre 2.24  isfrozen: False is64bit: True
Linux-4.0.1-towo.2-siduction-amd64-x86_64-with-debian-stretch-sid Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '4.0.1-towo.2-siduction-amd64', '#1 SMP PREEMPT siduction 4.0-4 (2015-05-04)')
Python 2.7.9
Linux: ('debian', 'stretch/sid', '')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Kobo Utilities
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 249, in _on_device_metadata_available
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1865, in get_device
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 414, in get_book_profile_for_device
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 388, in get_library_config
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 351, in migrate_library_config_if_required
KeyError: u'storeOnConnect'
No obvious problems noted yet, just an error message when starting up Calibre.
paxmark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:17 AM   #952
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

paxmark1: That's an error in the code handling the upgrade from an older version of the plugin. But, I have fixed this bug. Can you update to the latest, v2.0.7, and try again?
Old 05-10-2015, 11:21 AM   #953
paxmark1
Enthusiast
paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo
davidfor: sorry, The upgrade fixed it. I will try and be more diligent in the future. Kudos.
paxmark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:06 PM   #954
Lofwyr23
Connoisseur
Lofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Glo,Nexus 4, Samsung GTab 3 GT-P3200
@davidfor: Is there a chance to get an option to cleanse library books from kobo markups?

I had some books I needed to transfer back into my library, they mostly look like http://hastebin.com/ozekewobem.xml

I have no idea how to clean this up
Lofwyr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:16 PM   #955
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
If I remember correctly the Modify ePub plugin has an option to remove all the Kobo spans.
PeterT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:14 PM   #956
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, the stripping the kepub spans and other artefacts was added to Modify ePub a while ago. The alternative is the kepub input plugin that I have in beta (in a thread around here somewhere) for converting from kepub to any other format. This will also do the cleanup.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:21 AM   #957
Lofwyr23
Connoisseur
Lofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Glo,Nexus 4, Samsung GTab 3 GT-P3200
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
If I remember correctly the Modify ePub plugin has an option to remove all the Kobo spans.
Hm, haven't used it for a while... :checks: Thanks for the tip anyways

-EDIT- Found it, now the only thing I need is a trick to clean up undefined CSS classes from the markup (I supply my own Stylesheet, and a lot of classes setup by calibre remain in the markup.)

Last edited by Lofwyr23; 05-17-2015 at 07:23 AM.
Lofwyr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:50 AM   #958
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Some times I update the metadata of a book in such a way that the send-to-device template changes (fixing the author or title, for example). If I then simply send the book back to the device, it gets duplicated: the old file stays and a new file is created with the new name (even in a different directory).

Would it be possible to at least warn before creating the new file, so I can remove the old book before and avoid duplication? Of course, much better if the old file and corresponding records can be moved to the newo location before the new file is sent.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo