Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-03-2010, 01:31 AM   #1
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
Frustrated...

So I'd put a robert Kiyosaki book as well as the Night Angel trilogy on my kindle wishlist. Only to discover they're "no longer available" Can someone please tell me why rhe publishers are intent on killing ebooks? Don't they (and the authors) see what I see: an additional revenue stream and a chance to actually have a better image with consumers by giving them more options on how they consume the content they're willing to pay for?

I worry that with recent interviews sounding like "it will kill our industry" etc, that soon you won't be able to find favorite books on the ereaders? This is not to say I don't like regular books (you should see my sehlf_ but having them in digital format (which means re buying some - again more money for authors) is just easier to take with you, if you move for instance.

Sorry for the ramble, but this really touched a nerve. Stop trying to tell me how I should consume your product, give me the option, and you'll have a happy customer. And stop trying to fight anything new. You'll lose.
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:00 AM   #2
gollu
Unsullied
gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i
If I were you, I'd "purchase" the books through an "alternative" method.
gollu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
I get that, but I don't know how to.
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #4
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
It's published by Hachette. Isn't that one of the groups Amazon is still finishing negotiations?
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote