Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
kdgarris
Connoisseur
kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi
Question Newer K3s lighter?

Does anyone know if more recent K3s are a bit lighter than older ones? I got my replacement K3 in the mail Yesterday, and it felt lighter in my hand than my broken one. My first thought was that the new one didn't have all of the books on it to weight it down.

Anyway, I don't have a food scale or the like to see if it's true or not, but was curious if anyone knew or noticed a difference.
kdgarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
tschucha
Zealot
tschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kobo Sage
We just bought one for a friend. I set it up for him and had mine and his together. They weigh the same as far as I could tell.
tschucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
cfo
Connoisseur
cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO, iPhone4
Maybe they replaced the glass in your screen with some cheap plastic in case you roll over your Kindle again in bed.

I kid.
cfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
kdgarris
Connoisseur
kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo View Post
Maybe they replaced the glass in your screen with some cheap plastic in case you roll over your Kindle again in bed.

I kid.
kdgarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #5
cHex
Zealot
cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (K3)
If you've been rolling over your Kindle in bed, my guess would be accumulated "dust mites." I've heard an old mattress can be 50% dust mites/old skin by weight, so why not the Kindle as well?
cHex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by cHex View Post
If you've been rolling over your Kindle in bed, my guess would be accumulated "dust mites." I've heard an old mattress can be 50% dust mites/old skin by weight, so why not the Kindle as well?
Ick! I lost count how much dust/hair has been pushed up on the sides of the screens. That was a bad design flaw on the K3. There is no way to get it out.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote