Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-25-2015, 04:01 PM   #1
WilburMcG
WilburMcG began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Fan art

Hi!

Lately I have read some books with fantastical descriptions of places and things. I guess creating your own vision is part of the joy of reading, but at other times I would love to see someone else's visual conception...especially because I bet they will have a better attention to detail than I might. Are there any websites where artistic minded people post their own drawings from books?
WilburMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:07 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
You might want to search online for "fan art" for specific series.
Like, fan art honorverse takes you here:

http://honorverse.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Fan_Art

Fan art wheel of time take you here:

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Fan_Art

Last edited by fjtorres; 02-25-2015 at 04:10 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:30 AM   #3
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
deviantart.com is your safest bet. go there and type in what you're interested in.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:08 PM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
deviantart.com is your safest bet. go there and type in what you're interested in.
That's just what I was thinking. Another option would be to google the fandom you are interested in and see what pops up. There are (I'm sure) message boards where fan art for given fandoms are part of what is on offer.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 05:35 PM   #5
delph
Tabby
delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Mini, Lenovo Yoga 2 10"
I'll throw in another vote for deviantart.com. There are some extremely talented people on there.
delph is offline   Reply With Quote