Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
PRS-505 (Currently PRS+ customised)

Lightly used PRS505 for sale, just over a year old (so out of warranty). Silver colour, currently in the red leather case. I also have a custom fabric cover from Etsy with skulls and roses on (I'm a heavy metal fan).

Firmware has been customised with PRS+ to give the time in the bottom right hand corner etc, but if necessary I can reset to the US firmware.

I have taken some pictures (I was going to EBay it) so I will upload those as soon as I can.

Preferable UK only, they seem to be going on EBay for about £120.00 at the moment as there is a bit of a glut of new devices out and it is driving down the second hand prices a bit. Royal Mail Special Delivery to a UK address will be approximately £10.00.

PM me with offers - I've sold on here before (my old Elonex).
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
abeaty
Enthusiast
abeaty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperweight
Quote:
Originally Posted by suecsi View Post
Lightly used PRS505 for sale, just over a year old (so out of warranty). Silver colour, currently in the red leather case. I also have a custom fabric cover from Etsy with skulls and roses on (I'm a heavy metal fan).

Firmware has been customised with PRS+ to give the time in the bottom right hand corner etc, but if necessary I can reset to the US firmware.

I have taken some pictures (I was going to EBay it) so I will upload those as soon as I can.

Preferable UK only, they seem to be going on EBay for about £120.00 at the moment as there is a bit of a glut of new devices out and it is driving down the second hand prices a bit. Royal Mail Special Delivery to a UK address will be approximately £10.00.

PM me with offers - I've sold on here before (my old Elonex).
Hi there - free bump and a question. What do you mean PRS+ customized?
abeaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 06:59 AM   #3
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

See this thread:-

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64510

and this Google Group:-

http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/

Basically it gives things like sorting into folders and a clock in the corner that does not come natively. I waited until the PRS505 was out of warranty before trying it and certainly the clock thing is handy and something I miss on my Kindle.

There are some good screenshots on the thread.

I was at a school prizegiving last night for my grandaughter so haven't managed to get the photos up yet, but will do them as soon as possible.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Would love to see the photographs

Thanks
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #5
suecsi
Rock Chick

Some pictures

I'm having a fight with the SD card reader on my ancient pc so I have taken a couple of shots with my phone, so sorry they are a bit blurry and they were taken under a direct bright overhead light.

The reflection is mainly from a screen protector that is on there, which is also causing the marks to the top right of the screen, which are bubbles (I am crap with those things). The screen is considerably clearer than it looks in these! Hopefully they are enough for you to see the time at the bottom which is one of the features of PRS.

In answer to a question about PDFs - PDF library books or PDF ebooks reflow very well on the Sony - certainly better than the Kindle (unless you shell out for the DX). I have both, and the Kindle 2 does not reflow so you are stuck with one font size, usually unreadable.

Technical manuals or anything with diagrams are always going to be hard on such a small screen, so with PDFs it is best to stick to text only.

I will miss my very cool case
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_064.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	55460   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_065.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	320.8 KB
ID:	55461  
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #6
Philflow
Philflow began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I'm interested. I made you an offer through PM.
Philflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #7
Philflow
Philflow began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Hi, I didn't receive a reply to my offer. Is that because you don't want to send to the Netherlands or was my offer too low?
Philflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #8
momentblur
momentblur began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
Hello,
I'm also interested, completely new to this forum, but I've held an ebay account for years and have traded lightly on avforums as well, and can provide details if you want but as I'm buying the risk is mine.
Anyway off to PM
momentblur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:19 AM   #9
momentblur
momentblur began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
I also have had no reply. I will hold out with the belief that the OP may be on holiday or some such and forgot to update advert, as I believed it was etiquette to maintain classified threads regularly so people do not waste their time. I understand that my offer may well be to low, but a simple note to this affect would be appreciated.
momentblur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:51 AM   #10
suecsi
Rock Chick

Yes, I have been away on personal business, and I find it somewhat offensive that anyone should assume otherwise. I have successfully sold through this forum before, but will think twice about doing so if people are going to be rude just because, in the rush to get things done both at work and at home before going away, I omitted to make a change to to a classified advertisement. It's not as though anyone has lost out on anything - I'd understand if you'd sent me money and I hadn't sent you the goods, but sarcastic remarks about etiquette are best kept to yourself.

Moderators - please can you close/mark as sold as I can't work out how to change the status?