Notices

Old 05-20-2010, 08:21 AM   #1
David McAfee
Live from East Tennessee
David McAfee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
33 A.D. - Vampires in Biblical Jerusalem try to assassinate Jesus of Nazareth

Jerusalem, 33 A.D.

The vampires of the era have long sought to gain a foothold into Israel, but the faith of the local Jewish population has held them in check for centuries.

When one of their own betrays his people to follow a young rabbi from Galilee, the elders of thre vampire race send Theron, a nine hundred year old assassin, to kill them both.

The rabbi's name is Jesus. Killing him should be easy.

"33 A.D. by David McAfee is a wildly original, non-stop pulse pounder that tells the story of a vampire assassin whose mission is to kill Jesus of Nazareth. In a genre mired by cliché stories, this stands out as something bold and new."
-Jeremy Robinson, author of Pulse and Instinct

"David McAfee's 33 A.D. is a truly compelling and unique perspective on the events surrounding the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. With all the skill of a seasoned novelist, McAfee's thriller brings a melange of riveting characters, otherworld mythology, and political intrigue together in one fascinating read - a tautly paced winner on all levels."
-Jon F. Merz, author of the Lawson Vampire novels & Parallax

"This story is an action-packed thriller, filled with mystery, intrigue, betrayal and murder. The attention to detail and careful plotting are masterfully done. You'd never guess this was David McAfee's first novel."
-Jess Haines, author of Hunted by the Others

-NOTE: This is no angsty, teen vamp story. Think more along the lines of 30 days of Night or 'Salem's Lot. As one reviewer said so brilliantly, "Look for sex and sparkles elsewhere."

eBook Price: $2.99 (currently $1.99 on Nook, until they fix it)

33 A.D. is available on:
Kindle
Nook
Smashwords

The Nook price is wrong, (it's cheaper than the other two) but it will take Smashwords a while to fix it, so Nook users: Go Nuts!

Also available in print.

Thanks for reading,
David McAfee
mcafeeland.wordpress.com
www.mcafeeland.com (coming soon)
David McAfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Does this novel view Jesus as the figure of Christian theology (i.e. the second person of the trinity), as a historical figure (a Jewish rabbi), or as an inspired, prophetic figure not inextricably bound up with either the religious tradition in which he was raised or the religious tradition which based itself on his life and teachings?

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
David McAfee
Live from East Tennessee

He's actually more of a background character. The story is about the vampire and his mission, not Jesus. However, in the sense that he is in the book, I'd say a little of both the first two items.

If it helps, I'm not a Christian, myself. I actually bought my very first Bible while writing this book so I could make sure I got certain details correct according to the already established mythology. So far no Christians have complained. (Of those who have actually read it, I mean.)
Old 05-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 05:37 PM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #5
David McAfee
Live from East Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
A background character? Like in "Life of Brian"? That's a really clever way to handle it.

I am so buying this when I get home.

Oh, wait! How gory is it?
Hmm...if I had to rate it, I'd say a 3 out of 5 for gore. But then, I may be desensitized by movies like SAW and HOSTEL.

If it helps, there are several reviews posted online and none of them say it's overly gory.

Check them out:

The Novel Blog
Dark Wyrm Reads
Jess Haines

Plus reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.
Advert
Old 05-20-2010, 10:52 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Certainly makes as much sense as the zombie stories in the NT. Lots more entertaining, too, by the sounds of it.
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
David McAfee
Live from East Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Certainly makes as much sense as the zombie stories in the NT. Lots more entertaining, too, by the sounds of it.
Thanks, Neil.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #8
David McAfee
Live from East Tennessee

Does anyone know how to tell if an ebook is selling on B&N.com or the iBook store?

Tags
assassination, crucifixion, historical fiction, jesus, vampires