Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-25-2009, 07:05 AM   #1
jolfc
Enthusiast
jolfc began at the beginning.

Device: nook glow light
Angry why have I lost the left hand panel of my ebook libary?

please help before i throw my laptop out of my window!
when i opened the ebook libary icon this a.m i am missing all the left handside option panel,i.e.sync,ebookstore,libary,status,reader options.i plugged my reader in and that would not come up either,so i have uninstalled my reader libary program,reinstalled and still no joy.i have never had this happen in a year of using my reader,i am in u.k,but got my prs-505 in u.s.a.IF ANYONE CAN HELP,PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LET ME KNOW THE SOLOUTION TO THIS AS I REALLY AM HACKED OFF NOW!!
jolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
Can you provide a screen capture?
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Have you tried pressing esc or F11?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:59 AM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Other people have reprted the same problem in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29796
and noted a possible solution.

What you are missing is the "source View" panel.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:10 AM   #5
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
This happened to me when I first started and it turned out to be the divider that divided the panel had moved. Not to techno on the talk but when I put the cursor on the slider ( that thing that allows you to move the margin) and moved it to the right the panel came back into view. Might not be it but might be it. Cant hurt to look at it.

Natalie
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2009, 12:16 PM   #6
jolfc
Enthusiast
jolfc began at the beginning.

Device: nook glow light
my problem is now sorted thank you all for your help.
my next question is does anyone know if there is a seller of the gift cards for the ereader(sony)as my normal supplier in the u.s.a is no more.
jolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #7
Patricia
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolfc View Post
my problem is now sorted thank you all for your help.
my next question is does anyone know if there is a seller of the gift cards for the ereader(sony)as my normal supplier in the u.s.a is no more.
I'm glad that something worked.
Forum memeber Leaping Gnome and PilotB0b are known for buying electronic gift vouhers onc behalf of non-Americans.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:07 PM   #8
raynchk
raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-505
I had this happen and it turned out to be a 'glitch' in the sony software. I had to search for a file on the reader, delete it and re-install the software. I guess it got munged up because I was using both calibre and sony for installing books... Now I'm wondering if there's a better way to use them together, ie, using a thumb drive and either sony or calibre exclusively... any suggestions?
raynchk is offline   Reply With Quote