Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-29-2014, 02:11 AM   #1
Megan140
Megan140 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Angry Kobo crashing!!!

I bought a Kobo Arc in 2012 as a Christmas present for myself. I accidentally dropped it and it would start crashing and not boot back up for DAYS after that happened twice I sent it back in thinking it was faulty. Got a new one and the new one has worked for a while but now it's doing the same thing as the first and it isn't because I dropped it (I was careful not to drop it this time)!
I'll be doing something with this arc, usually either surfing the net before I crash for the night or listening to youtube videos while playing a game, if the battery is low, I charge the stupid thing while I'm doing these things. It has crashed twice in a month. I contacted tech support for the first time and they said to just leave it plugged and I did that and after a couple days it turned back on.
It just crashed again! Not only does is it crashing but the battery indicator is often wrong because one minute I'll have a full battery and the next minute (LITERALLY A MINUTE) my kobo will be turning off because the battery is too low. What is going on with this thing?! It hasn't been damaged in any way and I can't take it in since I didn't buy the extended warranty for this piece of shit and it's been well over a year. Is Kobo just that bad of a brand or am I doing something wrong? I'm ready to fling this thing out a window and just get a new tablet!
Megan140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:58 PM   #2
Bonnie_27
Bonnie_27 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
I have the same issues with mine and it's brand new. I find the internet crashes as well as the kobo.The screens always freezing but then sometimes it works. I have a love/hate relationship with mine lol. I feel like sometimes maybe I should have got the Kobo Arc 7 instead but I got the Kobo Arc because the resolution is spose to be better, though truthfully I find it really glitchy.

Last edited by Bonnie_27; 05-09-2014 at 01:53 AM. Reason: spelling error
Bonnie_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2014, 02:22 AM   #3
mesamuel
mesamuel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Arc 32 GB
The random shutdown happened to me a couple of weeks after I bought my Kobo last January (2013). It started after I left it on the charger for more than 24 hours. Although that shouldn't have had ANY effect on the battery, it sent the battery reading out of whack and mine would go from 52% to a straight shutdown. Annoying as hell. My only choice was to exchange it for a new one, which I realize you can't do anymore. I have noticed battery issue again after 15 months and the only thing that seems to help is letting the battery drain completely, leaving it for a day, then charging it again.
Hope this helps. FYI, if I could do it over again I would have bought a Nexus 7 - at least you get immediate Android updates instead of being stuck at 4.1.1 forever. It's the forgotten tablet, might as well be a Vox.
mesamuel is offline   Reply With Quote