Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Please try my latest Ebook Project

Over this past weekend I discovered that Kindle 4 PC has an undocumented feature. It turns out that you can embed an audio file in a Kindle ebook in such a way that it can only be read on K4PC. I made one as an example, and I'd really appreciate it if everyone would download and try the ebook on your PC.

This might possibly work on Kindle4Mac, but I doubt it. So far as I know, Windows Media Player is required. it also has to be a later version of WMP, or this won't work.

Please try this and tell me if it works. You can download it here.

BTW, it would also help if you could forward this to anyone you know who has K4PC.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #2
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
thanks for your hard work finding yet more creative ways to rickroll the helpless masses.
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2011, 09:00 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
It works, but I didn't like the music. How about some AC/DC - For Those About To Read, We Salute You
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bZkindle View Post
thanks for your hard work finding yet more creative ways to rickroll the helpless masses.
You're welcome.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:09 AM   #5
Domas
Enthusiast
Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Sony PRS-505, Elonex (EB600E), Cool-er (EB600EM), Hanvon N516
Does not work for me

It plays but no sound.

When I click to start music, first I get message box:
"The file you are attempting to play has an extension (.wma) tat does not match the file format. Playing the file may result in unexpected behaviour."

After clicking "Yes" file is played (you can see if you open WMP), but no sound was present.

Windows Media Player version: 11.0.5721.5280
Windows XP Professional SP3
Domas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 05:47 AM   #6
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Quote:
Originally Posted by bZkindle View Post
Indeed.

The warning message that domas mentiones pops up and, after permission to proceed, wma is played alright and can be stopped and started repeatedly. (If one really wants to .)
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachwanderer View Post
Indeed.

The warning message that domas mentiones pops up and, after permission to proceed, wma is played alright and can be stopped and started repeatedly. (If one really wants to .)
Interesting. Mine just played.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #8
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Well, for me it first opened in Mobipocket Reader, not K4PC, which I do have. When I clicked it did go to Windows Media.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Mine just played, too. Win7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, and the latest version of media player, whatever that is.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domas View Post
It plays but no sound.

When I click to start music, first I get message box:
"The file you are attempting to play has an extension (.wma) tat does not match the file format. Playing the file may result in unexpected behaviour."

After clicking "Yes" file is played (you can see if you open WMP), but no sound was present.

Windows Media Player version: 11.0.5721.5280
Windows XP Professional SP3
I'll be honest - that message about the "extension not matching" was enough to stop me. How would I know it was not a virus/trojan? I figured I'd let the rest of you test it!!! Instead I a good book.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #11
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domas View Post
...When I click to start music, first I get message box:

I saw the same message, clicked "Yes" and got the music, but no vocals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Over this past weekend I discovered that Kindle 4 PC has an undocumented feature. It turns out that you can embed an audio file in a Kindle ebook in such a way that it can only be read on K4PC. I made one as an example, and I'd really appreciate it if everyone would download and try the ebook on your PC.
You better fall on your knees and beg forgiveness, mister! Your RickRollin' butt's headed straight for the Lake of Fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
BTW, it would also help if you could forward this to anyone you know who has K4PC.
Sure.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #12
dickon25
Groupie
dickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505. Pocketbook Inkpad 840
Worked for me just fine...and I've got an old version of K4PC.
I also got the unknown file extension box, but it played fine when I clicked 'Yes'.
dickon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #13
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
It worked fine for me, too. Windows 7 64 bit, latest K4PC and Media Player.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Don't ever let Nate pick the music. That was worse then awful.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #15
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Don't ever let Nate pick the music. That was worse then awful.
but he will never let you down,
or run around
and hurt you.
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote