Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #226
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Looks like it all works to me.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #227
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Awesome, thanks Jim.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #228
Dariarb
Enthusiast
Dariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-650
Thanks for this plugin.
Dariarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #229
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Small suggestion: Would it be possible to add multiple cover images at once? And/or import multiple setting zips at once?
Old 05-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #230
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v1.5.0 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix bug occurring with selection changes and corrupted multiple cover settings
  • Set maximum font size to 999 instead of 99
  • Add a separate right margin option, rather than using left margin for both
  • On the Fonts tab allow specifying the alignment for each text item of left, centre, right rather than always centre
  • Expose API methods to allow more conveniently calling from other plugins
  • Add export and import capability for sharing settings/images with other users
  • Add an 'Autosave setting' option to Settings tab. When checked, any changes to settings are always saved (except when Cancel pressed)
  • When clicking OK (or Import or Export) prompt user to save settings if changed before continuing.
  • If font assigned to a setting (whether existing or imported) is not found, use the default font rather than erroring
  • If user renames image just by stripping extension, treat this same as if user cancelled rename operation
  • Allow importing of multiple images at once.
  • Allow importing of multiple setting zips at once.

@Jim - I've included your last minute request in there, thanks again for your feedback with this release. So to you and others please re-download if you tried the beta versions.

For anyone else - you can review the screenshots and info from my recent posts over the last 2 days if you need any details on the above features.

For those of you who have patiently tried to share settings & images with others on this thread in the past - hopefully the new import/export features should make this a whole lot easier. If people want to share their setting zip files as attachments on this thread, just post them and I will maintain an index to them in a spoiler on the first post to make it easier for people to find them over time.

Have fun...
Advert
Old 05-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #231
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Great! I'm happy to help--thank you for your efforts.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #232
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Device: PW (7th Gen), PW (10th Gen)
Small Problem. When I update through the PI manager it gives me it registers as 1.4.1, then says update available.-- and repeat. Ditto when I dl from the first page onf this thread... A little help? What am I doing wrong?
Aleyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:10 AM   #233
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.5.1 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix issue of version number not incremented for 1.5.0

Thanks for those of you that pointed this out - I did the development on two different PCs and missed copying one of the files over before I released it...
Old 05-03-2012, 03:29 AM   #234
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Device: PW (7th Gen), PW (10th Gen)
Cheers
Aleyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:27 AM   #235
jackr
Connoisseur
jackr has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook STR, Pocket eDGe
My attention was brought back to GC with Jimm's beta for FFDL, and so far covers are looking pretty neat! Especially right aligning the author with the one line setting.

Anyways a thought that I had a while back when fiddling with the plugin is: could it be possible to add a special color setting for the fonts for inverting their colors and/or making them translucent over a stretched background? I wind up getting a multitude of different covers when I download fanfics and the fill color (even with stroke applied) doesn't always make the font stand out.

And since another idea just popped in my head, an option to allow cover dimensions based on the background image?

Awesome work to you, Jimm, and the rest of the devs! Calibre and its plugins have made my reading life so much easier!
jackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:21 AM   #236
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@jackr - AFAIK the drawing library that calibre and this plug in uses doesn't support translucent fonts. I have no idea what an inverted font is. Surely making the font transparent is giong to make it even harder to make the text stand out rather than easier?

As for the other idea of sizing based on the background image - that sounds fair enough. Though I'm kind of "over" this plugin at the moment having just made so many changes to it for this release so it will have to sit on the todo list for a future release for now.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #237
courgetteking
courgetteking began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Generate cover problems

Hi

is there any how to documentation for this plug in ?

Am I right in thinking I use the Generate Cover button to set the format of the cover - in my case I just want the image.
I then select the book in the calibre mainscreen, use browse to find the image and click OK ?

I'm running into two problems:
  • I have a jpeg of a cover which doesn't render to scale in the calibre e-book viewer default setting - shouldn't the width/height be set to 100% rather than specific number of picels
  • the cover doesn't display at all viewed in My Kindle Content folder or on my kindle

Any help appreciated

thanks

CK
courgetteking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #238
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
The documentation for this plugin is in the tooltips that show as you hover over items. I suspect you may not actually be using this plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courgetteking View Post
Am I right in thinking I use the Generate Cover button to set the format of the cover - in my case I just want the image.
I then select the book in the calibre mainscreen, use browse to find the image and click OK ?
If you are referring to the Generate Cover button on the Edit metadata window (see attached) then this is not a part of this plugin. Hit the help button on the main calibre program to go to the calibre manual for more information.

Generally speaking a cover won't be generated cover will not be part of the book until the book is converted. Mobi to Mobi conversion wouls embed the generated cover in the ebook.

I'll let Kindle experienced folk answer your other questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	editmetadata.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	267.6 KB
ID:	85993  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-03-2012 at 11:18 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #239
DASTRAL
DASTRAL began at the beginning.

Device: None
Dumb question : Is there a way to customize font color with "color variation ?"
(like in the default calibre cover uses and goes from dark yellow to light yellow)

Question : We can import any font and use it with generate cover ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.JPG
Views:	300
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	85997  

Last edited by DASTRAL; 05-03-2012 at 01:00 PM.
DASTRAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #240
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASTRAL View Post
Dumb question : Is there a way to customize font color with "color variation ?"
(like in the default calibre cover uses and goes from dark yellow to light yellow)
The current version doesn't do color gradients, no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASTRAL View Post
Question : We can import any font and use it with generate cover ?
Any font that's installed on your computer. I think you have to restart calibre after installing new fonts, though, for them to appear.