Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-22-2009, 07:08 AM   #1
sn123py
sn123py began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle4NT
lrs2lrf and lrf2lrs are not campatible?

hi, I'm trying to play around with lrf and lrs formats and found, that some attributes were deleted when converting lrs 2 lrf.

attached are some examples.

The original.lrf was generated with Bookdesigner.
original2lrs.lrs was converted from original.lrf with lrf2lrs.exe
original2lrs2lrf.lrf was converted from original2lrs.lrs with lrs2lrf.exe

as you can see, the header and footer of the original.lrf were deleted. is this an open issue of lrs2lrf or is this an expected behaviour?

regards,
macfly.
Attached Files
File Type: zip lrf-lrs-tests.zip (8.4 KB, 256 views)
sn123py is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre's lrf2lrs and lrs2lrf don't fully support LRF files created with BookDesigner (which generates rather buggy lRF files in any case)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #3
CopperTop
CopperTop began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505S
Further to sn123py's remarks -

I've been using lrf2lrs quite a lot recently in order to edit some lrf files that have typos or bad formatting. Then I use lrs2lrf to get it back onto the reader. Unfortunately, my lrf files are also created from BookDesigner, so I too noticed that the headers and footers get dropped. This is quite annoying since the books look so much better with the header and footers.

Are there any plans to modify lrs2lrf so that it will support the headers and footers? Or is there a better way to edit lrf files without loosing these elements?

Thanks!
CopperTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not really, LRF is a very low priority for me.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote