Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-07-2002, 04:59 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Is anyone of you using Sitescooper? I have tried it but somehow it is not my favorite tool yet.

I'd be happy if someone could tell me his/her experience with it. Maybe we could put together some information on how to use SItescooper.  
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 11:41 AM   #2
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
I tried out SS about a week ago, and it's not my favorite tool either, but I think it probably has potential.

I tried it via sitescooper.org, and the whole deal that Jason Mason (I LOVE his name put together. The problem is that many of the links are inactive, and it seems like most of the users have moved onto other things. The listserv, for example, doesn't seem to have been really active since summer of 01.

My major problem with it is that I have limited (and a long time ago) experience with Perl, so writing scripts or editing what he wrote to fix 'em seemed to be too much of a hassle.

Based on what I saw, I think that it has the potential to be great, but integrating it might be tough.

My $.02
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 12:59 PM   #3
stobs
Connoisseur
stobs is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
Hallo,

I use sitescooper daily for some years.

The mailinglist is not too active, but the last posting is "From: Justin Mason <12/04/2002>"
(see: http://www.mail-archive.com/sitesco....t.html)

I have updated some channels and plan to post them to the Mailinglist.

The main goal of sitescooper is, that you fetch only the new articles of a feed, so you get less traffic and smaller files.

mfg
Stefan.
stobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 04:35 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Stefan, it be happy to include a Sitescooper section. Would you have the time and interest to help me with it?
Old 12-09-2002, 08:26 AM   #5
stobs
Connoisseur
stobs is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
yes I'm interested to help.
I think sitescooper and iSiloX amend each other.

Stefan.
stobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 08:40 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Stefan, can you email me at [url=mailto:sitescooper@turcic.com">sitescooper@tur cic.com[/url] ? Wir können uns dann auch Deutsch verständigen &nbsp;

Old 12-09-2002, 10:27 AM   #7
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Warte mal! &nbsp;Auf diesem Tafel gibt es gibt auch wenigstens einen Anderen, der Deutsch spricht &nbsp; Ich weiß nicht, wieviel ich dazu geben kann, aber darf die Diskussion auf dem Tafel bleiben, bitte? &nbsp;
Scott
saw9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 11:07 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Hehe saw, we call Board also Board in German. Tafel is more the blackboard in school Was thinking of adding a German category to the forum, but not sure if it is required. Currently I am not even sure if I should keep the Avantgo and Plucker sections as noone seems to have questions or opinions worth posting there...

Will see when I move to my new server and change the board software.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:14 AM   #9
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Thanks. &nbsp;My technical German is sorely lacking, from lack of conversation in places like this. &nbsp;I have a minor in German from my university, but I am looking for any practical experience (chat, forums, etc.) I can get to improve my language skills. &nbsp;
As for the Plucker and AvantGo sections, I can say nothing for the former. &nbsp;I have tried Plucker, and though it is very powerful, I really do think it will be the few and the proud, even among the geeks, who make genuine use of it, because the UI is difficult to understand. &nbsp;As such, I don't know how much conversation there will be on it. &nbsp;
As for AvantGo, I suggest that you let the forum stand for a while. &nbsp;I really think that there will be more and more interest in AvantGo as they get closer to releasing their OS5 client. &nbsp;For the moment, it is in beta and they are letting people into the beta group a few at a time. &nbsp;I presume that they will go eventually to a fully public beta and then continue to develop, letting people join as they will. &nbsp;I have managed quite to content myself with iSilo, so I'm waiting to get wind of fully functional card support before I even bother trying again. &nbsp;Either way, I think interest is going to rise eventually. &nbsp;
Scott
saw9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 07:02 PM   #10
senhwei
senhwei began at the beginning.

guys,

Regarding the integration of Sitescooper and iSilo, I would recommend this website as well :

Roy Chang

cheers,

Chris
senhwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 02:20 AM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Nice page Senhwei. Another discussion on Scoops here: http://www.spug.net/forums/showthread.php?...15&pagenumber=1