Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #136
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
Nope. We older folks have been there and done that. Here's what my father's genertion had to say:

And how much did the world actually change? Not very much it turns out because the revolutionaries grew up. My generation had it's own ideals. I was so disconnected from my generation that I can't figure out what those ideals were, but there was certainly a lot of intergenerational strife. (The people who I hung out with though that computers would be the great equalizer, believed that information wanted to be free, and some ended up being movers and shakers behind FLOSS. Yet I don't think that was typical of my generation as a whole.) The thing is, we ended up growing up.

I'm not saying that the world shouldn't change. I am saying that it is easy to be a revolutionary when you see injustice but don't understand why the world works as it does. And once you realize why the world works as it does, you will probably realize that change usually just shuffles around the injustices rather than removes them.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #137
BenBanned
Groupie
BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paper
Agreed.
What I think is interesting is that each generation takes longer to "grow up".
Not to say that my generation will change everything, of course not. Weed is still illegal for the most part and the haight/ashbury is a tourist attraction.
One can still hope I guess.......
BenBanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert