Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

View Poll Results: How Should I start off the New Year?
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #1-5) by Douglas Adams 15 39.47%
Dust (Jacob's Ladder #1) by Elizabeth Bear 3 7.89%
Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy #1) by Pierce Brown 0 0%
Gardens of the Moon (The Malazan Book of the Fallen #1) by Steven Erikson 3 7.89%
Seraphina (Seraphina #1) by Rachel Hartman 1 2.63%
Lord of the Silver Bow (Troy #1) by David Gemmell 1 2.63%
Ancillary Justice (Imperial Radch #1) by Ann Leckie 9 23.68%
Blood Song (Raven's Shadow #1) by Anthony Ryan 1 2.63%
The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter #1) by Megan Shepheard 1 2.63%
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (Fairyland #1) by Catherynne M. Valente 2 5.26%
Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles #1) by Patricia C. Wrede 5 13.16%
Mr. Shivers by Robert Jackson Bennett 0 0%
The Book by M. Clifford 1 2.63%
Bird Box by Josh Malerman 0 0%
Swan Song by Robert McCammon 1 2.63%
The Martian by Andy Weir 21 55.26%
The Iron King (Les Rois Maudits #1) aka (The Accursed Kings #1) by Maurice Druon 5 13.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2015, 11:55 PM   #46
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
So.. Thanks to the help of friends and strangers my first 5 reads of 2015 will be as follows:

1. The Martian
  2. The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (At least Book #1 - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
  3. Ancillary Justice
  4. Dealing with Dragons
  5. The Iron King

Again, I would like to thank everyone who took the time to participate, especially those who left comments and suggestions. I appreciate it.
I will update my progress in the 2015 Annual Reading Challenge and Hey!! Let's get some action going! What are we reading? threads, [Please feel free to join us if you havn't already - it is open to everyone] as well as over on GoodReads (links in signature).
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:40 PM   #47
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
That will be my list as well, Nyssa! I was just finished with The Martian and I now understand (completely) why it made the top spot in the poll. I'll move The Hitchiker's Guide up in my pending books list. Ever since I got on mobileread, I've mostly never got a chance to read bad books. Hahaha.
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2015, 05:20 AM   #48
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin2412 View Post
That will be my list as well, Nyssa! I was just finished with The Martian and I now understand (completely) why it made the top spot in the poll. I'll move The Hitchiker's Guide up in my pending books list. Ever since I got on mobileread, I've mostly never got a chance to read bad books. Hahaha.
This is a great place! I'm very glad this poll has helped someone other than myself, and I hope you enjoy the list!

The Martian was fantastic! I owe a "thank you" to everyone who recommended and/or voted for it.

I haven't followed the rest of the list, exactly. I've read two other, non listed, books since then.
I'm trying to get into Hitchhikers now (It seems quite funny), but haven't had any solid reading time lately in which to do so.

I took a peek at Ancillary Justice, and it looks pretty interesting; and my daughter wants me to read Dealing with Dragons with her.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:50 PM   #49
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Yeah sometimes I read only a few chapters a day (even if I wanted to finish most books on the spot!)

I'm also curious on the synopsis of Dealing with Dragons. I haven't started on Hitchikers yet, but I will make sure to do it soon. (Btw I love your 'I'll Try Anything Once' challenge!)
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:15 AM   #50
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin2412 View Post
Yeah sometimes I read only a few chapters a day (even if I wanted to finish most books on the spot!)

I'm also curious on the synopsis of Dealing with Dragons. I haven't started on Hitchikers yet, but I will make sure to do it soon. (Btw I love your 'I'll Try Anything Once' challenge!)
I started Dealing with Dragons...It's chocked full of dry humor, which I like.
But I'm firmly off script with my reading choices. lol I'm currently reading the 3rd book in the Kitchen Princess manga series. I plan to take a break after this one (there are 10 books in all)

Thank you, on the ITAO challenge. Another member introduced it over on GR about two years ago, and I adopted it this year.
Advert
Old 01-26-2015, 12:29 PM   #51
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I told you you'd like it.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:10 PM   #52
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I told you you'd like it.
That you did! Thank you. My daughter wants me to read it to her.

I absolutely love that even at her middle grade age she still appreciates Mama reading to her!