Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
No Notionink users?

Its surprising that as a place for people who often buy incomplete-evolving hardware/software, I find no one seems to have a Notion Ink Adam.

Is this true? or are you people just savoring the rarity?

I missed the preorders and decided to wait out if and when they retail in India. I dont want to hazard the customs. Also tried gumtreeing but no success.
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
It almost makes you wonder if it is still all smoke and mirrors.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7" & 8.9"/Sony PRS 950/Entourage eDGe/Acer A500
I did some casual searches the other day and only picked up general grumbling about unmet promises and missed deadlines. I think I read one (1) person who actually had one on hand.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:49 AM   #4
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

same here..but some lucky did seem to get it incl a person called Stephen hyde who creates custom fw for dell streak. He has made some videos.
Seems only the elite dare to get it. I have yet to meet one.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #5
The-eBook-Reader
Groupie
The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: All
I got a Notion Ink Adam a little over a month ago after some delays and have done some reviews on it. It's got a lot of potential but is still a work in progress. It is very fast thanks to the dual-core Tegra 2 processor and I really haven't had any troubles with it. What I like best is the Pixel Qi screen works great outdoors in the sunlight. I'm not really a fan of Notion Ink's custom homescreen though. I'm using Launcher Pro instead. NI's custom web browser is pretty slick, loads fast and works with Flash. They are supposed to be upgrading it to Android 3.0, but now that Google is holding back on the source code that might be awhile, which totally sucks. I think the Adam would be pretty freakin' awesome running Honeycomb like the Motorola Xoom.
The-eBook-Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 01:33 PM   #6
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-eBook-Reader View Post
hey are supposed to be upgrading it to Android 3.0, but now that Google is holding back on the source code that might be awhile, which totally sucks. I think the Adam would be pretty freakin' awesome running Honeycomb like the Motorola Xoom.
Google is holding back on the Honeycomb source to the general public-but it is my understanding that tablet manufacturers still have access to it, at least all the members of the Open Handset Alliance. Notion Ink shouldn't have trouble getting access to it.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #7
etienne66
Groupie
etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 2, PRS-600 Black, PRS-650 Red, Adam w/ Pixel Qi(pre-ordered)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-eBook-Reader View Post
I got a Notion Ink Adam a little over a month ago after some delays and have done some reviews on it. ...
Lucky sod! I've been waiting on mine since December 9th and I finally got a tracking number from the shipper on Friday. I should finally get it sometime this week if I'm lucky.

Etienne66
etienne66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:04 PM   #8
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Google is holding back on the Honeycomb source to the general public-but it is my understanding that tablet manufacturers still have access to it, at least all the members of the Open Handset Alliance. Notion Ink shouldn't have trouble getting access to it.
Notion ink cannot upgrade the device to Honeycomb themselves. Google apparently has manufacturers sign an agreement that a device that shipped with an Android version lower than 3.0 may not be officially upgraded to Honeycomb. Yes, that is not very user friendly by Google.

Of course, there is always xda-developers.com. They have a Notion Inc subforum. The Adam users among you should find everything you need there.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:33 PM   #9
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Google apparently has manufacturers sign an agreement that a device that shipped with an Android version lower than 3.0 may not be officially upgraded to Honeycomb. Yes, that is not very user friendly by Google.
That kind of puts a damper on the Galaxy Tab.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #10
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
There will be user ROMs, I am sure. Samsung isn't known for upgrading existing devices in a timely manner, anyway.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #11
The-eBook-Reader
Groupie
The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by etienne66 View Post
Lucky sod! I've been waiting on mine since December 9th and I finally got a tracking number from the shipper on Friday. I should finally get it sometime this week if I'm lucky.

Etienne66
Wow. I can't believe they haven't gotten it to you yet, especially here in the US. I too ordered on the 9th and was one of the unlucky 5 percent to get delayed but I can't believe they still haven't gotten yours to you yet. Best of luck; it should be arriving very soon.

As for Honeycomb, Rohan said on the NI blog this morning that they put in a special request with Google to get access and are awaiting an answer.
The-eBook-Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #12
rhari79
Addict

am hoping they will go retail in India. I dont want to deal with the obscure customs issues.
Not sure what sort of hazards and mountains come up to prevent them from doing it.