Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-24-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
what's a good calendar app?

(sorry if this has already been discussed)

I relied heavily on the calendar in my regular cell phone. I find the calendar in my 'droid to be rather unwieldy. among other things, if I need to edit information, I just have to enter a second event.

suggestions?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
That's interesting, my calendar app lets me edit an appointment directly. Not sure, but maybe you're using a different app than the standard Google account calendar? Also, if your calendar is linked to a google gmail account, you can edit it on a regular computer (calendar.google.com) and it will sync with your android automatically.

Vic
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicLavigne View Post
That's interesting, my calendar app lets me edit an appointment directly. Not sure, but maybe you're using a different app than the standard Google account calendar? Also, if your calendar is linked to a google gmail account, you can edit it on a regular computer (calendar.google.com) and it will sync with your android automatically.

Vic
ahhhh! ah ah AH!!!! I did not know that!!!!

I am using whatever the calendarw was default on the phone
Old 03-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
I'm using my default calendar too, but I have no problems with it and it synch's automatically with my Google account. I have the HTC Droid Incredible. If I want to edit something, I just pull it up, press the menu button and select Edit. Or even easier, go online on my computer and edit it there.

I noticed on my adroid tablet an app called HUBkap mobile, this has a calendar app built-in too and maybe you're using this? If you are, I don't know anything about this app, I deleted it from my tab.
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Different manufacturers use different UIs which often include different Calendars. HTC Sense UI’s calendar is pretty good, but personally, I use Exchange for Android (formerly TouchDown) and sync all my devices through my MS Exchange service.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2011, 03:33 PM   #6
BankerBuster
BankerBuster began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Opus, Sony Tablet S
Try Jorte. I've been using it for a while and it's quite good.
BankerBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #7
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicLavigne View Post
I'm using my default calendar too, but I have no problems with it and it synch's automatically with my Google account. I have the HTC Droid Incredible. If I want to edit something, I just pull it up, press the menu button and select Edit. Or even easier, go online on my computer and edit it there.

I noticed on my adroid tablet an app called HUBkap mobile, this has a calendar app built-in too and maybe you're using this? If you are, I don't know anything about this app, I deleted it from my tab.
I also have the incredible. I need to play around some more it appears

thanks guys! you're great!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
There is no good calendar app for the iPad either.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:19 PM   #9
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Yes, Jorte.

All features you would expect from calendar app.
Lacks task sync though.
For tasks, i use Gtasks.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote