Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-23-2011, 07:24 AM   #31
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Yep. My DroidX looks sooooooo small now.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:28 AM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Amazon needs to build Android tablets in 3 sizes: 4.3", 7", and 10". I'd love to have a 4.3" Android device to replace my iPod touch.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 07:31 AM   #33
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yep. My DroidX looks sooooooo small now.
You have mondo sizes compared to mine.

Spoiler:
don't go there
Old 03-23-2011, 07:43 AM   #34
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
You have mondo sizes compared to mine.

Spoiler:
don't go there
Old 03-23-2011, 07:59 AM   #35
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Amazon needs to build Android tablets in 3 sizes: 4.3", 7", and 10". I'd love to have a 4.3" Android device to replace my iPod touch.
Samsung has a iPod touch competitor coming out this summer thatll run android
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #36
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
Samsung has a iPod touch competitor coming out this summer thatll run android
I know and I'm waiting to see how they'll price the 4" model; essentially, a Galaxy S phone without the 3G radio. Hopefully, it's in the same ballpark as the touch.

I'd like to see more competition in this part of the market. Not everyone wants or even needs a data plan.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:20 AM   #37
kennyc

Quote:
I know and I'm waiting to see how they'll price the 4" model; essentially, a Galaxy S phone without the 3G radio. Hopefully, it's in the same ballpark as the touch.

I'd like to see more competition in this part of the market. Not everyone wants or even needs a data plan.

I'm kind of regretting buying mine, but I also think of it as insurance of sorts.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:31 AM   #38
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I'm kind of regretting buying mine, but I also think of it as insurance of sorts.
The Droid?
Old 03-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #39
kennyc

Quote:
The Droid?
No, no, The data plan for the Xoom....I mostly use it via wi-fi at home and work. Not much 3G usage during the past three weeks.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #40
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
I love the Amazon App store. I had no access to the Android Marketplace with my stock Pandigital Novel, but now I do have access to a functional snappy store with the AAS.

I never had access to a build of Angry Birds before that worked well, but Angry Birds Rio worked well right off the bat. Everything seems to work. I love it!
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #41
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I got the Amazon app installed very quickly but unlike the kindle books which I buy from the USA store all the time, the App store won't let anyone from outside the USA download at all. Which also means no apps can be downloaded while are traveling outside the USA.

I did find the AB APK file but had to google to get it. A bit too risky really. But RIO looks fabulous on the nook.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:28 PM   #42
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
I love the Amazon App store. I had no access to the Android Marketplace with my stock Pandigital Novel, but now I do have access to a functional snappy store with the AAS.

I never had access to a build of Angry Birds before that worked well, but Angry Birds Rio worked well right off the bat. Everything seems to work. I love it!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #43
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
I got the Amazon app installed very quickly but unlike the kindle books which I buy from the USA store all the time, the App store won't let anyone from outside the USA download at all. Which also means no apps can be downloaded while are traveling outside the USA.

I did find the AB APK file but had to google to get it. A bit too risky really. But RIO looks fabulous on the nook.
Hmm, do you know if it works if you use a proxy IP and or address?
Old 03-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #44
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Hmm, do you know if it works if you use a proxy IP and or address?
No dice, I was using a proxy that had my IP address in Chicago! Quite weird really, as I can get ebooks so easily without a proxy, but these apps - nada!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:28 AM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
No, no, The data plan for the Xoom....I mostly use it via wi-fi at home and work. Not much 3G usage during the past three weeks.
Ahh, got ya. I nearly sprang for an Android phone last week, but Verizon conspired against me twice; so I never got it. For the price of a forced data plan, I can get a new 32GB iPod touch every year.