Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-15-2011, 02:10 AM   #1
turtle
Enthusiast
turtle began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
Read books without ThinkFree Write

On my Sumsung galaxy tablet it's easy to download (free or buy) and open to read books using preinstalled Kobo in seconds, and if I stopped read for example on page 120 and next day I'm on page 120, OK , but if I drag my own books they are going to Myfiles folder and to open a book, Sumsung galaxy used ThinkFree Write application, which is opens a book for at least 2 min, and if I stopped on page 120 next day it opens on page 1 and I have to scroll. So any other possibilities to open a book quicker and open a book on the page I stopped reading before
turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:23 AM   #2
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
you might try your luck with a different reading app. Aldiko is good. Coolreader is a little rough around the edges, but I like it too.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
turtle
Enthusiast

Thnks, I'll try to find apps. for aldico and how to install it, as I just got it and this device is new to me
Old 03-15-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Moon+ is another good reading app, even though I use Aldiko the most.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I use Aldiko and Kindle for Android on my Galaxy Tab. Both work well, and Kindle has the advantage of WhisperSync being able to sync between different Kindle apps on different devices.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 06:01 AM   #6
turtle
Enthusiast

OK I'll try Aldiko or Kindle
Old 03-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
OK I'll try Aldiko or Kindle
I might have missed it on your original post, but what format are you using?
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #8
turtle
Enthusiast

If to be honest I like to use any MS formats like plane text or RTF, and I'm reading both English and Russian books.
But I couldn't find any apps supported word formats in Russian.
As soondai said I downloaded Aldiko app, converted text to ePub with online ePub converter transfered book to my tablet and sinked book to Aldiko. So now I can read both English and Russian in Aldiko
Old 03-17-2011, 10:02 PM   #9
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
If to be honest I like to use any MS formats like plane text or RTF, and I'm reading both English and Russian books.
But I couldn't find any apps supported word formats in Russian.
As soondai said I downloaded Aldiko app, converted text to ePub with online ePub converter transfered book to my tablet and sinked book to Aldiko. So now I can read both English and Russian in Aldiko
I would recommend using Coolreader for txt and RTF no need for conversions. You can get it from here if you don't have access to the market
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cren...r3/cr3-3.0.44/

Last edited by Dopedangel; 03-17-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #10
turtle
Enthusiast

Downloaded Coolreader from Market, but it doesn't work with Russian font: approx. 10 pages OK in Russian ( I was happy) but after 10 pages it comes in abracadabra, so thanks anyway but I'll be converting to ePub and using Aldico
Old 03-24-2011, 06:20 PM   #11
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
You should contact the developer of CoolReader, Buggins. I would say that a Russian guy would have put special care that his own language can be read in his program
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #12
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Downloaded Coolreader from Market, but it doesn't work with Russian font:
That is very interesting considering that CoolReader is developed in Novgorod Russia, and comes with some Cyrillic capable fonts pre-installed
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote