Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 07:27 AM   #1
Beachu
Beachu began at the beginning.

Device: macbook air 11"
Always same problem Calibre - MacBook Air 11 "Not enough arguments for format string"

I have a MacBook Air 11" just new. I have downloaded first 7.4.6 version of Calibre and later upload to 7.6 for Intel version. Does not work any time in both versions. When I try to see book in different formats: pdf, EPUB ... always appears same message and its imposible to see any book: "Not enough arguments for format string". I have tryed to install in another old Ibook I also have PowerPC with Tiger - I have downloaded Calbre version 0.7.28 and it works fine there. Could any body help me to solution the problem on MacBook Air ? Thanks

Last edited by Manichean; 02-19-2011 at 07:41 AM. Reason: fixed all caps in title
Beachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:41 AM   #2
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
I googled it and found it was a Python error..

Google "Not enough arguments for format string" and I believe you find your answer..
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2011, 07:46 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Including your results might have been helpful. It is, of course, a Python error, since Calibre is written in that language.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #4
Beachu

I know is Phyton problem but waht effective solution can I have?

Thanks for your answer. I know is a Phyton problem, but in fact I does not know what to do for the Calibre soft works on my MacBook Air... I am not a programmer, but normal usuer who needs an effective prgram. Do you know what can I do, so? Uninstall to down version for PowerPC?... Thanks
Old 02-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Provide the full error message for the developers to troubleshoot. If they ask for additional details, provide them, if possible.
Advert
Old 02-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #6
Archon
Zealot
Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Mac OSX, iPad, iPod, & Nook
If you have a Mac the only thing you have to do is save all the previous versions you download as dmg's. I keep them in a folder that I burn later to DVD as archives of all my old software.

If a newer version gives you problems then just delete the application and re-install one of the older versions.

The application is self contained. Deleting it does nothing to change the preferences or your book library.

Go back to version 0.7.45 and see how it works.

Happy Saturday
Archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #7
Beachu

Thanks I have done - Its ok now

Hello: Thanks so much. I have delete new version and I have delete also preferences, Library... any thing. Later I have installed 0.7.2.8 and it works fine. Another question please: is it possible to see full page on Calibre to read e-books or its neccesay to associate it to another e-reader? Thanks for help!
Old 02-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #8
Manichean
Wizard

See this thread for a solution to the problem.