Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-18-2014, 01:18 PM   #796
CRussel
Wizard
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Fire HDX 8.9, Fire HD8.9, Fire 7HD, Surface 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I just finished listening to The Clicking of Cuthbert by P.G. Wodehouse during my semi-daily walks. Now it's on to The Critique of Pure Reason by Immanuel Kant; a book that's going to take a lot of walks with Norton to finish.

I got both books as well as several others from that invaluable free source of public domain audiobooks, Librivox.
Well, that certainly defines a broad range! Wodehouse to Kant - I'm impressed.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #797
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPod Nano. Other devices gathering dust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Well, that certainly defines a broad range! Wodehouse to Kant - I'm impressed.
I have to throw something in from time to time that challenges me to stretch the boundaries of my understanding and open my mind to new ways of thinking. But enough about the Wodehouse; it's time to take a break with some Kant.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 04-18-2014 at 02:40 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM   #798
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, 350, 950, Fire, Glo
I've only started to listen to audiobooks in the past couple of months, motivated both to kill the hour and a half I spend in the car (NPR, my former solution, is just too much fluff during my drive times; it was Story Corps that was the final blow) and to consume more content. I'm currently listening to Catastrophe 1914 by Max Hastings, as narrated by Simon Vance. It's a very listenable account of the events leading up to and the intial months of the Great War, with lots of personalities interacting, not just a dry recital of incident and battles. I had liked Vance's reading of Post Captain and he's equally good with this.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM   #799
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, iPad, iPhone 5, Sony T1, NOOK HD+
Currently (about halfway through) listening to Lord John and the Private Matter by Diana Gabaldon. It feels like a refreshing break from the Outlander books (I've listened to the first three) and have decided to alternate the rest of the Lord John series with the rest of the Outlander books.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM   #800
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Nook HD+, Xperia Ion
I started in on Hugh Howey's Sand on my Easter road trip. It's not nearly as compelling as the Wool books and has just a little too much in common with them, but it's still a fun read. The reader for the audiobook is likewise just okay.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible, audiobooks, recommendations