Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #27046
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
First mug of tea. Getting ready to try to do something about last night's snow ... that's still coming down.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #27047
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Water
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:34 PM   #27048
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I guess Canadians never grow up. The percentage of people who wear shorts here (and the weather they do it in!) is astounding.

Murchie's Russian Caravan in my cup. They forecast rain, but so far I see plenty of blue sky through the clouds.
It's the same here in WA state, and flip flops to boot! In literally freezing weather!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #27049
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Yup. But hey, I'm no different. Sandals until it's seriously raining, and the top down as long as it's above -5 and it's not actively raining. But the shorts change to long pants by the end of September. Of course, any reasonably clear and sunny day after the first of March is more than sufficient excuse to put on shorts.

More Murchies.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #27050
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Today while the blossoms still cling to the vine,
I'll taste your strawberries, I'll drink your sweet wine.
A million tomorrow shall all pass away,
'ere I forget all the joy that is mine, today.
I'll be a dandy and I'll be a rover,
you'll know who I am by the songs that I sing.
I'll feast at your table,
I'll sleep in your clover,
who cares what tomorrow shall bring?

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBGjZAYcJqc )

Today is the 46th anniversary of my 21st birthday. It's a good day!

Good morning, everyone! Sun's made is climb over the mountains on the far side of the valley, the mercury in the thermometer made its fall again into the teens, and it's gonna be a great day! Long walks, good food, good music, good friends... and it all starts with a mug of good tea! Today it's from the local tea shop; their 'English Breakfast tea is a perfect start to a nice morning along with the Food Lady's offerings.

It's good to be alive.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #27051
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Happy Birthday oh stitchful one!

I toast your special day with Talisker in my glass!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #27052
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Happy Birthday Stitchawl.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #27053
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Happy birthday, Stitchawl!
Old 12-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #27054
cromag

With regard to short pants, my folks made me wear them every summer until I was 10. After that, they gave me a choice. I have not worn short pants since. Not once.

Having a glass of milk after a light dinner.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #27055
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Today while the blossoms still cling to the vine,
I'll taste your strawberries, I'll drink your sweet wine.
A million tomorrow shall all pass away,
'ere I forget all the joy that is mine, today.
I'll be a dandy and I'll be a rover,
you'll know who I am by the songs that I sing.
I'll feast at your table,
I'll sleep in your clover,
who cares what tomorrow shall bring?

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBGjZAYcJqc )

Today is the 46th anniversary of my 21st birthday. It's a good day!in

Good morning, everyone! Sun's made is climb over the mountains on the far side of the valley, the mercury in the thermometer made its fall again into the teens, and it's gonna be a great day! Long walks, good food, good music, good friends... and it all starts with a mug of good tea! Today it's from the local tea shop; their 'English Breakfast tea is a perfect start to a nice morning along with the Food Lady's offerings.

It's good to be alive.

Stitchawl
*sigh* my dad sang that, a lot! Happy hatching day my friend!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #27056
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Whispers happy birthday.

Trying to get Little Man to sleep. His sleep has been awful the last week. He struggles with soothing himself back to sleep and has been reaching for blankets to hold. He rarely did that as a baby. I am guessing teeth or growth spurt.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #27057
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Happy Birthday!
A glass of Lagavulin to toast you and your birthday.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:03 AM   #27058
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Today is the 46th anniversary of my 21st birthday. It's a good day!
That's nicely said! Happy birthday, Stitchawl!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:25 AM   #27059
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Happy Birthday Stitchawl

Coffee in my cup and craving something to snack, but nothing sounds good.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:13 AM   #27060
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Thanks for the good wishes, all! So far it's been a very pleasant day! Took some photos around the Old City's moat and wall, ate an ice cream sundae, read for two hours... I even discovered an archery center that has recently opened here, went and rented a bow for an hour... Good fun! I haven't shot in a long time, but it was my preferred hunting weapon when I lived in New England and went after deer. Now drinking a late afternoon mug of Assam tea and putting a new set of strings on my guitar. Then in a few hours, my wife is taking me out to dinner; the choice of restaurants is entirely mine. Of course, so is paying the check, but somehow this qualifies as 'her taking me' out to dinner... Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
With regard to short pants, my folks made me wear them every summer until I was 10. After that, they gave me a choice. I have not worn short pants since. Not once.
Could have been worse... My grandparents made my father and his brother wear 'sailor suits' to school... They lived in a very rough neighborhood at the time, and my uncle and father learned how to fight (and win) at a very early age...

I haven't put on a pair of long pants in the past six months. Not once! Might have to tonight though... Seems to be getting chilly, and we'll be out late.

Last edited by Stitchawl; 12-18-2013 at 04:20 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?