Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Amazon is giving away swift key keyboard for it's free app of the day promo.
I've been using it for a few days now and it's not bad. The predictive text is better than SlideIT, but t typing us nor as fast not as fast. Still having the option for another keyboard is nice.

Last edited by =X=; 03-26-2011 at 09:08 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Drat! Missed it, I'm not happy with Samsung's keyboard, and just can't get used to Sype; so an altrnative KB for my SGT would be worth a try if it's free.

Unfortunatly the free app is now "Newsweek"
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
That's too bad, I was hoping more of the MR folks would take advantage of the deal. (This thread did not seem to generate much interest, I'm wondering if anybody else got the deal)

Yes swype on a 7" is not as effective as on a 4" or smaller. On a smaller screen swype is awesome, because it is fast, accurate and only requires one hand. On a larger screen you need two hands and the keys are much bigger so there is more area to swype.

Keyboards like Android Gingerbread and Swiftkey become better on a 7" because the keys are bigger. Add predictive text and you can really hum along.

I like having options and I've bought SlideIt and would have bought SwiftKey since it is better than the android keyboard.

That said if you are not happy with the Samsung keyboard spending $2 for an alternative is not much. As I mentioned earlier I was getting ready to pay for it myself.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote