Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

View Poll Results: What Colour Would You like?
Black 15 83.33%
White 2 11.11%
Purple with Yellow spots/other 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2006, 08:24 AM   #1
THJahar
Zealot
THJahar is on a distinguished road

Device: Jinke V2 Prototype
V2 Black or White?

I've set my heart on getting a V2. Although one thing irks me....It's colour.
I know both the Sony and Iliad are black/grey and perhaps Hanlin wanted that 'Ipod' look. But I would prefer my V2 to be black/grey.
So What colour would you guys prefer if given the choice?
THJahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:27 AM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Black, definitely. Provides a sort-of "frame" for the display.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2006, 08:40 AM   #3
Xsavior
Coveter of eInk
Xsavior began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 700p, Sony Reader
i think i'd prefer black, but i also get a sense of elegance from the whit frame, and considering that most books that i read are just set against whatever is in the background, i don't think i'd be bothered by it too much. Black white... which ever gets to my hands first!!!!
Xsavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:33 AM   #4
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I'd prefer black, mainly because it's less distracting (imagine a white TV...) and because the white ones look a bit like cheap plastic...

But basically I'll take any color (that isn#t too offensive) as long as I can get my hands on one in the near future...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:39 AM   #5
THJahar
Zealot

I posted the same question to Hanlin to see if they were considering other case colours. Here's their reply:
Quote:
Dear Jamie,
Thank you for your message.
About the case colour, we can customize the colour according to the
requirments of our agents or distributors.
Now the V2 is not available. After it is available, we'll inform you.

Best Regards,

Mei Yan

Tianjin Jinke Electronics Co.,LTD

No. 15, Keyandong Road, Nankai District,

Tianjin 300192, China

eReading Device Global Leading Manufacturer
This is the reason why I 've chosen the Hanlin over the other two readers. They respond to the email in less than 24 hrs and are quite happy to meet customers requirements!
Compare that to the false promises of the Irex and Sony teams *cough* release dates *cough*
Advert
Old 06-13-2006, 04:41 AM   #6
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Nice CRM, but dont forget, how many you have to buy, to get them in red
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:43 AM   #7
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

exactly!

If I had sent the kind of mails to sony or irex that I send to Jinke, they'd probybly have banned me a long time ago...^^
But Jinke always replies and they are quite polite and SEEM willing to meet customer needs.
The question is...are they going to do it?
and what about their distributos in US and Europe...
Old 06-13-2006, 07:59 AM   #8
THJahar
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
Nice CRM, but dont forget, how many you have to buy, to get them in red
Not to mention the purple with yellow spots...(If I get one in that colour the chicks are sure to dig me )
Old 06-13-2006, 09:32 AM   #9
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

Device: SHARP Zaurus C1000
I would prefer black ... after using a white coloured notebook (not Apple) for half a year, I really miss the black of my X30 thinkpad!

and btw, the new MacBook comes in black and white! ... and the black is more expensive by a hundred or so.
Snappy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:23 AM   #10
THJahar
Zealot

I'm wondering if we can talk Jinke into making a black cased prototype just to see what it looks like?
Old 06-16-2006, 07:03 AM   #11
THJahar
Zealot

Well here's a quick photshopped version of a black V8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jinkephotplopped.jpg
Views:	1137
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1143  
Old 06-16-2006, 08:18 AM   #12
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))
TaKir is on a distinguished road

Device: Lbook V8 & V3_Vizplex
2 THJahar
Looks good !
TaKir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:21 AM   #13
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

looks good
Old 07-10-2006, 05:42 PM   #14
AndrewLB
Senior Wrangler
AndrewLB began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3GS, want Kindle 3
Huh, I'm the only person who voted for the white...

Anyway, I like the idea of the white one, just because it seems more "book like." The bookishness of the actual product is pretty important for me. I'd be thrilled if the plastic was ipodish though. Bit worried about the plastic, actually; I've had some bad experiences with Chinese products in the past.
AndrewLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:45 PM   #15
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

the trouble is...most products these days are chinese...at least manufatured there...or in Taiwan, Malaysia, Phillipines, ...^^

But I understand your concerns...