Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-21-2009, 05:03 AM   #1
ensyed
Enthusiast
ensyed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Question How do I find the PID for my Kindle 2?

I have been buying and reading books from Amazon. I recently discovered that the NYPL offers a large selection of ebooks. They have mobipocket books but I need the PID for my Kindle 2. I read the wiki but the section on Kindle 2 PID has been removed. Is there another set of instructions?
All I want to do is read a library book and let it expire. There is nothing illegal about that. I dont want to buy a Sony reader.

THX
ensyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:28 AM   #2
bloovis
bloovis began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Centro
You can get the tools here. Look for Kindle Mobipocket tools 0.2. Then if you're using a DX, apply the patch described here.
bloovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
It's based on the serial number. See scripts above.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
The serial number should be on a sticker on the box it came in.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
The serial number should be on a sticker on the box it came in.
It's also on the back of the kindle but in tiny tiny print...

You have to use the SN to generate the PID
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 11:28 AM   #6
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
It's also on the back of the kindle but in tiny tiny print...
I had forgotten about that. My kindle has a skin covering the back.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:55 AM   #7
conmotto
conmotto began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Just use this tool instead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloovis View Post
You can get the tools here. Look for Kindle Mobipocket tools 0.2. Then if you're using a DX, apply the patch described here.
This new web-based tool effectively replaces the kindlepid script: http://kindletools.prestonlee.com/
conmotto is offline   Reply With Quote