Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you want the non-functional DEL-button to be?
lookup in dictionary 13 24.07%
set a bookmark 11 20.37%
mark books read/unread 3 5.56%
a DEL-button or nothing 21 38.89%
just copy some other button 0 0%
something completely different (leave message) 6 11.11%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Question What do you want the non-functional DEL-button to be?

The DEL-button has been non-functional from the first release of the CyBook. Please, let's vote everybody and let Bookeen know that we want them - at least - to give it a useful functionality.

It couldn't be that hard, to direct the button press to an already existing function! Maybe it's even not to late for the upcoming FW release...

Everybody who has other ideas or additional thoughts on the DEL-button, let us know in this thread.
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
I want it to be user customizable to do any of the things mentioned and more.
It's an electronic, not a mechanical device with pulleys and cogs and gears to do only one specific thing. It can do many. I mean it could do many.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
another function

As a lefthander I would appreciate it very much if Netronix or Bookeen could arrange the bottoms on the left side as this:

1 (now music): page back
2 menu
3 back
4 (now empty): page forward

The music menu could be implemented in the main menu (or left out at all, I don't know how many or how few listen to music with a cybook).

By the way: Is the non-functioning button a problem of Netronix or Bookeen?

Billi
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
I want all the buttons except navigation and menu to be customizable.
I would like to have the choice to use +/- for next/prev page , I want to add remove bookmarks, lookup and I want to change it based on what I need most at the moment.
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:08 PM   #5
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
I want all the buttons except navigation and menu to be customizable.
I would like to have the choice to use +/- for next/prev page , I want to add remove bookmarks, lookup and I want to change it based on what I need most at the moment.
Wait... oh no, stop... it's that dream of HOT ice cream again!!!

Just joking, it's completely OK - you're allowed to dream...
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2009, 05:14 PM   #6
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerraldo
Wait... oh no, stop... it's that dream of HOT ice cream again!!!

Just joking, it's completely OK - you're allowed to dream...
Remind me, please, who started this thread?
Old 06-15-2009, 04:52 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I see that the leading answer in the poll indicates that many people are happy with it doing nothing .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:15 AM   #8
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
The button should send an automatic bug report to developers with carbon copy to all bookeen employees "Severe Bug! User has pressed the DEL button and the bug prevented him from deleting an item"
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:03 AM   #9
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
I see that the leading answer in the poll indicates that many people are happy with it doing nothing .
The function "do nothing" has already been implemented and how thoroughly at that, it's the most reliable one on cybook, kudos Bookeen.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #10
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
The function "do nothing" has already been implemented and how thoroughly at that, it's the most reliable one on cybook, kudos Bookeen.

Yep. You've got a point there!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #11
fjf
fjf began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
As a lefthander I would appreciate it very much if Netronix or Bookeen could arrange the bottoms on the left side as this:

2 menu
3 back

The music menu could be implemented in the main menu (or left out at all, I don't know how many or how few listen to music with a cybook).

Billi
fjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:39 AM   #12
Snuffi
Addict
Snuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Pro 612, Bookeen Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post

2 menu
3 back

Billi
Pretty sure it's a Bookeen problem. Netronix only delivers the device plus basic firmware (kind of like a really basic operating system). I am sure that the system events (or interrupts) for the button are there and that the operating system recognises that the button has been pressed, it just has nothing to report the button press to. It is Bookeen's job, however, to write some code telling the device what to do when that event has been triggered and "connect" it to that event.

Even though I am not a left hander myself I would also vote for the above button mapping. With clumsy fingers and button pressing in narrow spaces like the tube you can easily get the wrong direction or the menu. A separate button for page forward would be very convenient.
Snuffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:28 AM   #13
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I'm honestly not too sure at the moment - so I've chosen 'user-definable'.

One thought would be a 'shuffle' function that manipulates the library display (when they sort it). On the current display it would be useful to move right/left one page at a time, instead of one book as at present.....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:34 AM   #14
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
It would be best if all the buttons were user-definable, and reset was returning the definitions to default (to avoid the possibility of bricking the Cybook).
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:22 PM   #15
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
It would be best if all the buttons were user-definable, and reset was returning the definitions to default (to avoid the possibility of bricking the Cybook).
Though I voted for a Definition mode button, I agree with you : I'd like personally to use the Music buttons on the right (I don't listen to music on my Cybook, I have other devices to do that !) to move from library page to library page, as suggested by GeoffC !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote