Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-03-2017, 08:32 AM   #1
crappycat
crappycat began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Kobo Frustration

Hello Folks
Can you help a not-very tech savvy wrinkly?I have a Kindle and I also use Kobo to purchase ebooks.I was able (until a short time ago) to transfer the books from my on-line Kobo Library to Calibre for transferring to my Kindle- But- the ability to do this seems to have either changed or has been rescinded by Kobo as the ability to Export from my library is missing.
Is this just me being a wally or have the systems changed.
I am using windows 10 on a laptop.
Any help or advice would be appreciated
regards
crappycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:42 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I haven't had any problems downloading books I have purchased from my library on the Kobo store. I just go the "My Books", find the book click the three dots on the line and select "Download". Then it displays a prompt with the cover and whether it has DRM. Click the "Download file" button on that and the browser takes over and downloads either the epub, or the ACSM file for ADE.

What is the problem you are seeing?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2017, 06:32 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Might help to know the exact process you're used to using, but I'm having no problems downloading my books (I use the same process davidfor describes above).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:21 PM   #4
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The old kobo library setup (with it's convenient one click download buttons) disappeared this weekend :-( but as stated above if you check under 'My Account' and go to 'My Books' and then click on the three dots you should be able to download your books.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote