Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Buying a PW with Prime trial

1. I am considering buying a PW using the trial offer for Amazon Prime to get free two-day shipping. However, since they are estimating 4-6 weeks delay, I am concerned. If I cancel the prime at the end of the one month trial, and the PW has not yet shipped, does that meant that I will lose the free two-day shipping. Does anyone know Amazon's policy on this?

2. Honestly, at this point I am wondering if Best Buy will be likely to have them in stock by them any way, and I could just buy it locally. Does Amazon customer service treat customers that buy their products from B&M stores more poorly than those who purchase form them directly?
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
1. If you buy it while your prime membership is still active, you'll still receive it with 2 day shipping when it's available even if you cancel your prime membership at the end of the 30 days and it ships afterward. They go by what you have at the time of your order.

2. No. Not in my experience.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avwriter View Post

2. Honestly, at this point I am wondering if Best Buy will be likely to have them in stock by them any way, and I could just buy it locally. Does Amazon customer service treat customers that buy their products from B&M stores more poorly than those who purchase form them directly?
No Amazon will treat you as one of your own. It doesn't matter where you purchased it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Agree with @sparklemotion and will add that if you order a lot from Amazon goodies that require shipping, then Prime will easily pay for itself.