Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-16-2008, 08:17 AM   #1
chrionix
chrionix began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Can't get autorun to work

Hi all,

If someone would be kind enough to answer the following questions, I'd really appreciate it. I'm trying to get sudoku/dictionary etc working on my prs-505, but as of yet I've had no luck with any.

1. Formatting the SD card as fat32 is fine?

2. Do I need to install any additional files to the prs anywhere? I've copied the Sony Reader directory to the root of the SD card, but nothing else. I saw with the dictionary there's another file (libfskLoad.so) also located in the root directory, does that need to be there for sudoku?

3. Does the battery have to be at a certain charge? Mine's almost dead, I know this isn't a firmware upgrade, but I'm scratching my head as to why this doesn't work for me.

4. Finally would anyone have any ideas? I don't get anything upon inserting my SD card apart from an inversion of colours like it does on page change, I just remain at the menu.

I have reset the prs, and re-inserted the SD card, but that had naught effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
chrionix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:35 AM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
The path is

D:\Sony Reader\software\autorun.js
D:\Sony Reader\software\autorun.xml

<D:> Is wherever your OS mounts the SD card on the PC.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
chrionix

Thanks for the reply =X=,

Sorry if I was unclear, when I said I copied the Sony Reader directory, I also meant all it's subdirectories etc. I'm fairly certain all the files/subdirectories contained in the Sony Reader directory are where they're meant to be.

Thanks very much.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:39 AM   #4
chrionix

bump

Can anyone answer the above questions for me?

Ta muchly.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
I'd be tempted to try FAT16...

The archive here (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...72&postcount=9) should work & doesn't depend on anything other than the two files it contains, so maybe use as a check?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote