Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-21-2017, 06:11 PM   #31
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larla View Post
Yes -- Glowlight 3 went up to $99 but this appears to be an in-store price as well.
That's the price I bought mine at on Black Friday.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 12:41 AM   #32
GoodCompany
Connoisseur
GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle E-Reader (basic), Nook Glowlight Plus 3
Earlier today it was $109.99 online, now it's $99.99 and when I stopped in a store today, unless I misread the price, it was the regular $119.99. This e-reader is changing prices faster than an airline ticket! I have a copy of a chat from the other day when it was $89.99 and the rep confirmed that I could be certain the price would hold through 12/25. Going to see if they will honor that tomorrow, wish me luck! Seeing it again in the store made me excited about getting it -- hopefully at the right price!
GoodCompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2017, 01:41 AM   #33
ullogu1
ullogu1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Any chance you could PM a copy of that chat?

TIA
ullogu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 02:21 AM   #34
GoodCompany
Connoisseur
GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

I'll be happy to, but unfortunately it is not very substantive because the original question, where I reference the price, did not pick up on my cut and paste.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:13 AM   #35
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
I still see a store price of $99.99 if you reserve it online and pickup at store --
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2017, 12:55 PM   #36
ullogu1
ullogu1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks GoodCompany.

Really shaking my fists about not buying it at the 89.99 price. Grrr.
ullogu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 12:58 PM   #37
tiltowait
Zealot
tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Hmm. So, I just tried to remove the DRM from a book I downloaded using the Windows Store Nook app, and Calibre can't do it. Download the same book using Nook for PC (same computer, same account), and it does work. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what.

(And Calibre also doesn't pick up on the book's cover; I have to download it manually, which is annoying.)
tiltowait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:53 PM   #38
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltowait View Post
Hmm. So, I just tried to remove the DRM from a book I downloaded using the Windows Store Nook app, and Calibre can't do it. Download the same book using Nook for PC (same computer, same account), and it does work. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what.

(And Calibre also doesn't pick up on the book's cover; I have to download it manually, which is annoying.)
I'll try it again tonight or tomorrow with a different book. I don't have tons of experience. But the one time I tried it with a book that for sure had DRM, it worked.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:03 PM   #39
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ullogu1 View Post
Thanks GoodCompany.

Really shaking my fists about not buying it at the 89.99 price. Grrr.
You will be shaking your fists again once it's back at 120...it's only a ten dollar difference from 89.99. You probably have 10 bucks of change lying about like most of us......
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 03:04 PM   #40
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltowait View Post

Okay, so I fired up the Windows Store Nook app and downloaded two books from major publishers (Macmillan and Berkley). I tried opening each with Sigil in the B&N folder and Sigil said it couldn't open it due to DRM.

I imported the books into Calibre (where I do have the DeDRM tools already set up) and was then able to open each with Sigil.

So it works fine for me.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:33 PM   #41
tiltowait
Zealot
tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Interesting. I also have DeDRM set up (and it works with books from Nook for PC). I wonder if I have to set the key up differently.

Thanks for checking.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:23 PM   #42
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Just be aware that when your credit card expires (or in my case, my bank switches from Visa to Mastercard) and you get a replacement, you likely have to fix it in the Tools.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:13 PM   #43
tiltowait
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Just be aware that when your credit card expires (or in my case, my bank switches from Visa to Mastercard) and you get a replacement, you likely have to fix it in the Tools.
DeDRM has me enter my account info, not my credit card info. Hmm.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:39 AM   #44
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Its currently $99. The PW3 is $99 with ads and no buttons or comfort light. Wow. The NGL3 is a great deal.

I got a great, perfect used PW2 with official case for about $60 incl. shipping. It was also old FW SO I was able to jailbreak. There are some great used deals on ebay.

Last edited by Pajamaman; 12-24-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 10:58 PM   #45
GoodCompany
Connoisseur

ullogu1 -- with apologies to you or anyone else I may have mislead regarding the 12/25 end of sale date. I was mislead by customer service. Tony1988, excellent point. I spent time on chat and then on the phone and they’ve agreed to refund me the $10, but with the time spent getting there, I’d say I broke even! (Still we all like to get a deal, and we all like companies to keep their word, which they ultimately did.) To anyone reading this in real time, wishing you very Happy Holidays and may Santa bring you all the e-reader of your dreams. He’s delivering my Glowlight 3 sometime next week and until then, dreams of it will be dancing in my head.