Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-15-2013, 11:25 PM   #121
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
So, I have bitten the bullet and am now halfway through the process of installing CM10.1.
I am so nervous I'm going to brick my Nook. Wish me luck!
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #122
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter One View Post
So, I have bitten the bullet and am now halfway through the process of installing CM10.1.
I am so nervous I'm going to brick my Nook. Wish me luck!
Just make sure to back up your current stock ROM, and while in CWM do not delete/reformat any partition.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #123
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halk View Post
However now that I don't have the Nook app....
I found after I installed CM10.1 I was unable to download the Nook app from B&N but I found it here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1294967
Old 11-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #124
Chapter One
Screen Swiper

I have 2 queries please.

Firstly, Last night I installed CM10.1 on my HD+ and after a few hiccups its now all working fine. I dont want to always sound like a complete newb so can someone please clarify for me how I explain to others what I have done? Do I say I have rooted my Nook, flashed my Nook or have I done neither of those and have just installed a mod, or something else?

Second query, now that my Nook is no longer a Nook as such, how can I get my purchased apps from B&N onto it?
I have installed the Nook app but it only shows all my books and magazines, no apps. And if I go onto the website, there isnt any option to download the apps.

Thanks, from a complete newb
Old 11-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #125
Chapter One
Screen Swiper

More questions.

All my apps and games are on the internal memory, how can I move them to the sd card?
Also, how do I make the sd card the default save location please?
Thank you

I think I'm just talking to myself now...... :/

Does anyone know how I can even see whats on the SD card via the tablet? When I have the tablet plugged into my laptop I can see the tablets internal storage and the sd card. So I have tried adding apk's to the sd card but then I cant find them on the tablet itself. I've looked in the File Manager but I cant see in there anything to do with the sd card at all.
Its as if absolutely everything has to be added to the folders in the internal memory, which makes having an sd card totally pointless. I dont think that should be the case, but what am I doing wrong?

Any input from anyone would be great. Thanks.

Last edited by Chapter One; 11-16-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Advert
Old 11-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #126
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
First, rooting only gives you access to the operating system. You've replaced the operating system. You replaced (or flashed) the stock ROM with a "modded ROM".

Your books and magazines of course will show up in the Nook app, but unfortunately, your apps are gone. I've had an Android phone for a while and have bought all my apps from the Play Store. I only bought one or two apps from the B&N app store, so no big loss. If you have lots of apps, you might want to consider going back to the stock ROM.

There is a way to install apps on your SD card. It's a hack. I've done it on my phone, but right now I can't remember what to do. You could try Google searching.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #127
Chapter One
Screen Swiper

Thanks so much for your reply KevinP

I am not overly worried about the loss of the apps from B&N. There isnt very many of them and none that I want that badly. It was just that I really thought I had read somewhere that someone found a way to have them on their HD+ after installing CM10.1 but I must have it confused with something else. The problem with doing so much research first is the huge volume of information can make it hard to keep track of what I read and where.

I have also just now stumbled on where to access the sd card in my HD+'s file manager. So at least I can now add stuff to the sd card and be able to find it - thats always a bonus..lol

I cant see me going back to the stock rom now. I like being able to sideload apps and have the freedom to do more than can be done with the stock rom, such as have the Amazon App Store.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #128
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter One View Post

I cant see me going back to the stock rom now. I like being able to sideload apps and have the freedom to do more than can be done with the stock rom, such as have the Amazon App Store.
Congrats on your new ROM and I hope you're enjoying it. Glad you got things worked out.

BTW, you don't need to put on a new ROM to root or sideload apps. I kept the stock ROM, am rooted, and can sideload apps. I also have the Amazon App Store on my two Nooks. All you need to do is flash some simple mods. I kept the stock ROM because I didn't want to lose some B&N content and also wanted to keep the native reader for magazines.

You can have your cake and eat it too!

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote