Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-24-2011, 02:16 PM   #61
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Gosh this thing is ugly! because of the vast amount of books, i am sure i'll get one, but its nothing to write home about. will this one interact with you after entering a BN store like the nook color?
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #62
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSheri View Post
Gosh this thing is ugly! because of the vast amount of books, i am sure i'll get one, but its nothing to write home about. will this one interact with you after entering a BN store like the nook color?
From new NOOK features:

Quote:
Get More in Store™ with Your NOOK

Stop by your neighborhood Barnes & Noble to take advantage of extras and special offers just for NOOK owners. Connect to our complimentary Wi-Fi®, read NOOK Books™ for free for up to an hour a day, enjoy exclusive content from top authors—even get deals on café treats.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/f...?cds2Pid=35611
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #63
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
I wonder what the MyNook will offer. I can think of 2 things I would like:

1. Online shelf organization - I wouldn't mind shelving my books once online but each time for each device. NOOOOOOOO.

2. Those cute new little badges that Kobo is using. They stroke my Pokemon collecting genes. MUST GET THEM ALL.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #64
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Still, it does look kind of squat.
The more I look at it, the more the frame looks like a squished iPad. Is it just me?
Old 05-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #65
MsCG1
Zealot
MsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Nook Classic, NookColor, HTC Rezound, Sony PRS-505, ICS Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I know what you mean. I just knew it would look exactly like the NOOcolor. They should have went with the same screen size. Not to mention the same attractive look. Why not?

I agree, I was really hoping for a NC form factor. Or an original Nook, but just a bit lighter.
MsCG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #66
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCG1 View Post
I agree, I was really hoping for a NC form factor. Or an original Nook, but just a bit lighter.
the original nook classic is such a gorgous device and form factor. It's sooo pretty

I do like the fact the new nook includes the rubberized back. I'm a huge fan of that. It not only gives it the best grip to hold on to but just gives it that high end feel as well.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #67
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST-One View Post
Call me crazy, but I've just pre-ordered one
You're crazy!
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #68
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Another thought: is the doom-and-gloom at the B&N boards about NO MORE SOFTWARE UPDATES FOR NOOK CLASSIC premature, or has B&N actually announced that?

I mean, I expect the line to be discontinued in the "not making any more" sense, but not in the "no software updates for you" sense. At least not right away. (Obviously a year or two down the road is another matter.)
Old 05-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #69
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I could see them possibly doing one more update to add some of the social features of the newer devices, but wouldn't expect much more than that. Of course I really have no idea what they'll do, but I'd guess they'll want to put their dev resources towards the NC and new Nook and whatever device(s) they have in the pipeline.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #70
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I think the new Kobo has a much better form factor that this new Nook. Are my eyes deceiving me, or is the Nook screen wider and shorter? It feels like landscape support would be useless because this screen doesn't really run any longer than it does wide.

I think B&N gave up something valuable when it ditched the 3G. Amazon can continue to tout that as a useful feature (Hey! Get your e-mail and maps and books on the road, even in Morocco!).
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #71
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Well, based just on what I have seen and read so far, I prefer the new Kobo. Much more attractive design, and I love the kobo bookstore.

But I can understand why people who need physical page turn buttons would disagree. For me, I never use the physical page turn buttons on my Sony 650.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #72
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Another thought: is the doom-and-gloom at the B&N boards about NO MORE SOFTWARE UPDATES FOR NOOK CLASSIC premature, or has B&N actually announced that?

I mean, I expect the line to be discontinued in the "not making any more" sense, but not in the "no software updates for you" sense. At least not right away. (Obviously a year or two down the road is another matter.)
that's par for the course in any upgraded model on just about any device or computer etc. the prev. gen owners all start heading for their flames and pitch forks
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #73
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Scion, thank you. until i get home, my cell phone is my only way to get online.
I've always loved the features of the classic but it was a bit large for me. Well, maybe i'll add pearls and sequins...
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #74
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by djulian View Post
Are my eyes deceiving me, or is the Nook screen wider and shorter? It feels like landscape support would be useless because this screen doesn't really run any longer than it does wide.
The screen is the exact same dimensions as every other 6" eInk reader (Nook classic, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos)...
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:47 PM   #75
randyharris
randyharris began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Is it just me ore does B&N not have a philosophy on their devices. Each of their devices have radically different form factors. There is no unity consistency across their eReaders.

=X=
I don't think it's a bad thing, different targeted devices with a different look. Think about this in terms of cars from the same manufacturer are often very different with only small styling queues to keep them under the 'corporate look'.
randyharris is offline   Reply With Quote