Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 02:36 AM   #31
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
<rant>Listen, I know your mad as us for all our "backslapping" and whatnot, but seriously? Do you have to get upset about everything? Go take your medication or something for crying out loud.</rant>
and when did you stop beating your wife?
if you want to congratulate others on their lack of reading comprehension, then be my guest.
And I appreciate the medical advice, but would you mind from here on out if I just ignore you?
KTHXBAI
Old 01-28-2011, 04:32 AM   #32
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3 - Galaxy Tab 10.1
Quote:
What I don't get, is why, if you have an iPad, are you trying to browse with a Kindle in the first place?
Karma up
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #33
Tuba
Enthusiast
Tuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
He did, he said in his title "not impressed". How is that not a criticism?
It is a criticism. But it's not a rant or a complaint. Please re-read my post, sir.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:51 AM   #34
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Actually if you read my post in proper context, I wasnt responding to the fact that the OP made a criticism in his heading, but to another poster entirely, who posted that he wasnt!

The OP can make his comments, just as others are allowed to point out that the kindle is not an internet device, but an reader. So maybe I just dont need a rest, thanks.
It's not important. Peace
Old 01-28-2011, 08:55 AM   #35
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
You leap on this guy, ganging up on him because he dared to criticize your beloved Kindle, and then you say he's over-reacting!

His criticisms were pertinent and I learned something. It seems the K3 browser, despite being an advance in one direction, is actually a bit harder to use in practice than the K2. This is interesting. Perhaps through discussion solutions can be found.

Last edited by Rizla; 01-28-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #36
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I'm jumping in here with my opinion. The original post wasn't clear on what its object was. There was the statements about how the poster preferred the browser on the K2, and then the question "am I missing something?"

That one question has multiple ways to be interpreted, the one I read into it is "what am I not seeing about the browser?" If the poster wanted to know tips or tricks, they should have said so, not expected that everyone would read into the question what the poster wanted.

That said, I'm not attacking the OP, just clarifying why no help was forthcoming, probably. I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and relax.

OH, and I have no tips or tricks, I've only had my K3 since Christmas, and never had a Kindle before.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #37
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500, Reb1100(dead)
I didnt mean to sound like I was jumping on the guy, I was just amused. Its like comparing how your old car flies so much better than your new one does. I prefer a dedicated reader anyways, if I've got internet its too distracting.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:13 AM   #38
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_T View Post
Its like comparing how your old car flies so much better than your new one does.

So? It did fly better.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #39
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
I'm jumping in here with my opinion. The original post wasn't clear on what its object was. There was the statements about how the poster preferred the browser on the K2, and then the question "am I missing something?"

..snip...
which was one of the reasons i started a new thread but it doesn't seem nearly as popular as this one!
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118636
Old 01-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #40
bZkindle
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
What I don't get, is why, if you have an iPad, are you trying to browse with a Kindle in the first place?
What I don't get, is why, if you have a book, are you trying to read it on the kindle in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_T View Post
I didnt mean to sound like I was jumping on the guy, I was just amused. Its like comparing how your old car flies so much better than your new one does. I prefer a dedicated reader anyways, if I've got internet its too distracting.
er, no it is not.
cars do not fly.
kindles DO browse internet.

Last edited by bZkindle; 01-28-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #41
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bZkindle View Post
What I don't get, is why, if you have a book, are you trying to read it on the kindle in the first place?
I'll take Misplaced Analogies for $600, Alex.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #42
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
THREAD CLOSURE

Moderator Notice

The OP has noted that the discussion he started here was not clear, with the discussion devolving into some unpleasant posts from some Members.

Please not that the OP has started another discussion - one which he feels is much clearer - and the discussion can be found here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118636

Let's all please follow MobileRead's Posting Guidelines as we engage in friendly discourse.

- MobileRead Moderation Team

Closed Thread