Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #1
jigmaster
jigmaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G WiFi
Fetch the News feature-question

Hi, all

new Christmas Kindle.....K3 3G and WiFi capable.

Signed up for the "Fetch the News" feature, scheduled them properly...calibre open at the right time, hooked up via USB

Selections show up in menu, but when I open them, each page says "failed feed"

Any thoughts? Can I have them sent via wireless, instead? how do I set this up in Calibre?

any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance
jigmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Hi and welcome to mobileread

As your question is very specific to Calibre, you might get a better response in the Calibre forum here on mobileread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166

I don't think sending a feed wirelessly via your Kindle email address will alter having a failed feed - it just means that it delivers the feed to your Kindle which can pick it up when connected rather than plugging your Kindle in via the USB.

I guess it could be to do with some settings or it could be a problem with the feed itself. Hopefully you'll get the problem solved.

I do have a page on setting up Calibre with feeds but I don't think it will resolve your particular problem, just maybe to check it is set up correctly:

http://www.kinworm.com/2010/10/addin...n-calibre.html
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote